Terraforming Bug on Rock

Rock is not meant to be terraformed on to prevent modifying protected areas such as the main lake and rivers. However you can easily get around this by raising terrain right next to rock. This will turn the adjacent rock surface into regular soil which you can then terraform on.

Re: Terraforming Bug on Rock

Yes, this is because of the shadows in game (Going by Jooky). Thanks for reporting a fix for this is currently pending I believe.

kiwibird wrote:
    Yes, this is because of the shadows in game (Going by Jooky). Thanks for reporting a fix for this is currently pending I believe.

Yeah those shadows.... WUT?

Dark515 wrote:
    kiwibird wrote:

Yeah those shadows.... WUT?
    yeah absurd, isn't it? I could understand because of the slope or such...

there is a "flood protection" that builds semicircular basins when a stream of water is terraformed so that the whole world should be flooded. these "patches" may sometimes be chained next to each other, giving the final result of many "stacking" basins, completely spoiling the landscape up to the point that the original waterfall is no more... I did this "somewhere" and the whole waterfall was just covered with rock. the sound and visual effect was still there, beneath the rock. looked kinda impossible.
    next time i will make some screenshots for all your enjoyment.

kiwibird wrote:
    What does this mean? How are shadows related to terraforming?

Cunk wrote:
    kiwibird wrote:
    What does this mean? How are shadows related to terraforming?
    There are most likely 0 relations between Shadows (Graphical) and Terra-forming (Processing). I think kiwibird had a lil too much last night. :laugh:

Derek wrote:
    Rock is not meant to be terraformed on to prevent modifying protected areas such as the main lake and rivers. However you can easily get around this by raising terrain right next to rock. This will turn the adjacent rock surface into regular soil which you can then terraform on.
    Also this looks more like an Exploit than a Fix. :blink: