Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Visitor

Re:Any instructions?

Cunk wrote:
    Just do what everyone else did. Play around with it. Trust me, after a couple of hours you'll have done everything there currently is to do. It's not that complicated.

Also, don't worry about "hoping you get lucky" with your stats. You'll be recreating your character over and over so don't obsess over it. I'm sure by the time this game is released we'll have a better handle on just how stats affect the game.
    I agree with the first part.

I have one problem with the second part. The developers should know what the attributes and stats do. There is no game out, no game absolutely that I know of, that doesn't at least give you an idea of what attributes affect what skills. It is possible that the developers are still undecided if what the attributes currently affect (and to what degree) is acceptable to them. Or they may be as unsure as we are, in which case the attributes will be subject to change.

Blue Pig wrote:
    Cunk wrote:
    Just do what everyone else did. Play around with it. Trust me, after a couple of hours you'll have done everything there currently is to do. It's not that complicated.

Also, don't worry about "hoping you get lucky" with your stats. You'll be recreating your character over and over so don't obsess over it. I'm sure by the time this game is released we'll have a better handle on just how stats affect the game.

I have one problem with the second part. The developers should know what the attributes and stats do. There is no game out, no game absolutely that I know of, that doesn't at least give you an idea of what attributes affect what skills. It is possible that the developers are still undecided if what the attributes currently affect (and to what degree) is acceptable to them. Or they may be as unsure as we are, in which case the attributes will be subject to change.
    It all depends if the major stats work, but don't have tooltips (nothing has tooltips), or if it's because the major stats genuinely don't affect anything. I mean we know that strength definitely affects how much you can lift, but that's about it.

Blue Pig wrote:
    Cunk wrote:

I'm not sure what you're saying. I don't doubt that the developers know how stats affect the game. I'm just saying it's not important right now so they haven't bothered telling us or adding that information to the UI. I think as we get more game turned on we'll learn about stats.

Blue Pig wrote:
    Cunk wrote:

or maybe, just maybe, things like UI, tooltips, and other help files are one of the last things the development team does. That way the balance is finalized and the tooltips are accurate without having to rewrite them a half dozen times. It's not to the final balance stage so yes to what degree the stats and skills affect what will change.

Nah, they have no clue what they are doing. Much more plausible.

How about chat commands? Surely those won't change as we near release time. A very nice dude sent me a tell and I had to shout back replies because I had no idea how to reply. Pretty annoying...

To whisper type :
    \\w name msg
    Note this doesnt work if the name has a a space in it atm.

what about global chat? I am assuming that the yellow text is global? I think more detailed info on that controls page would be very helpful, also making it accessible from the home page instead of as a link in an email would be nice as well (it might be but I couldn't find it till I read in here that the link was sent in the email)

a manual is being put together by volunteers.

/w is whisper
    /g is guild

and typing normally allows you to talk to anyone in your zone and the other 8 connecting zones.

Ignominus wrote:
    what about global chat? I am assuming that the yellow text is global? I think more detailed info on that controls page would be very helpful, also making it accessible from the home page instead of as a link in an email would be nice as well (it might be but I couldn't find it till I read in here that the link was sent in the email)
    /h is help chat, which I think is global. This is the yellow text you are seeing in the chat box.