Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any instructions?

Glanced a bit at forums and I see no instuctions guides. would like to know what all the bars etc mean and like to know what about each button does so I can play. Sorry i'm a girl and I just don't like to jump in and no care what all the stuff means like to know what i'm doing.

Re: Any instructions?

Basic controls are here:
    http://xsyon.com/controls

Re:Any instructions?

sagadbois wrote:
    Glanced a bit at forums and I see no instuctions guides. would like to know what all the bars etc mean and like to know what about each button does so I can play. Sorry i'm a girl and I just don't like to jump in and no care what all the stuff means like to know what i'm doing.
    And men do? Sexism is not ok on this forum...

I feel degraded and sad now.

The link is also in your invite email... Unless you haven't been invited into beta yet, but then you wouldn't need the controls anyways.

The point of the "game" is trying to figure out how to "play the game" lol. At least thats all I see so far.

cbowsin wrote:
    The point of the "game" is trying to figure out how to "play the game" lol. At least thats all I see so far.
    Well its not hit all buttons on the keyboard and see what they do kind of thing atleast.
    xsyon.com/controls

cbowsin wrote:
    If you also imply tactic/strategic aspects many games are that way...

Oh Geez where do we start? We start making a character but have no indication of what stats do nor any description of what skills will do. So it is basically a 'click and hope you get lucky' method. Then you get loaded into a virtual world. The UI has like 8 bars that tell you nothing. The game offers no direction (most sandboxes are capable of doing this much). Sure there is a post/link on the forums but no in-game direction what-so-ever. Now I see why Notorious does nothing to encourage customer confidence because if they tried this game would create zero customer confidence. Just 5 minutes of in-game chat proved that. This isn't Beta testing, this is Alpha testing that NG is charging people for, where most developers pay in-house testers to complete. With latest news of moving the release to August, is just more signs of vapor-ware. I'm sure the fanboi's will disagree and for NG's sake I hope I am wrong.

When you pre order you pay for the game. As a bonus for pre ordering you get two months of subscription after launch. As well as, a two week head start before the launch of the game. Notorious games is also being nice, and letting you into alpha test.

cbowsin wrote:
    Oh Geez where do we start? We start making a character but have no indication of what stats do nor any description of what skills will do. So it is basically a 'click and hope you get lucky' method. Then you get loaded into a virtual world. The UI has like 8 bars that tell you nothing. The game offers no direction (most sandboxes are capable of doing this much). Sure there is a post/link on the forums but no in-game direction what-so-ever. Now I see why Notorious does nothing to encourage customer confidence because if they tried this game would create zero customer confidence. Just 5 minutes of in-game chat proved that. This isn't Beta testing, this is Alpha testing that NG is charging people for, where most developers pay in-house testers to complete. With latest news of moving the release to August, is just more signs of vapor-ware. I'm sure the fanboi's will disagree and for NG's sake I hope I am wrong.
    Just do what everyone else did. Play around with it. Trust me, after a couple of hours you'll have done everything there currently is to do. It's not that complicated.

Also, don't worry about "hoping you get lucky" with your stats. You'll be recreating your character over and over so don't obsess over it. I'm sure by the time this game is released we'll have a better handle on just how stats affect the game.