Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Visitor

Re:The Case For WURM-like PK Protection

BLinDDeniaL wrote:
    Veldern wrote:
    Blue Pig wrote:
    Would you rather I lied? Would that have sat better with you? You know what doesn't sit well with me? And remember, you brought it up. 4/15 then 5/15 then 6/15 and now 8/15 and I guarantee it will be moved back again and they have my money. That really leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That doesn't sit well with me. You know, people get paid for testing an Alpha game. Where's my weekly or monthly check? Why did I give some people $40 to work for them, probably for six months to a year? You enjoy that? Good. After this you can come and work for free for me for a year or so. How does that sit with you?

Also, comprehension is just as important as being able to read. Kindly don't warp what I said and imply I'm trying to change the game. I was asking for information.

You've talked about it a hundred times? Great. Volunteer to organize the forums better because I sure can't find anything except speculation by other people.

I do thank you for the name. I'll look it up.
    It may be pushed back again, it may not. Either way, you don't "HAVE" to test it. If you feel you should get paid for it, then DON'T DO IT. You have the option of this, where as people who get paid have to do it or they don't get paid. If it doesn't sit well with you, you can always ask for a refund, they have given out some already. I don't know why, but you seem to think that you're required to test this game which simply isn't the case. As I said before, if you don't like it don't do it. The terraform is fun for me, so I do it. If you have a job that I enjoy doing in my free time, ya I'll do it for free too.

If you're just asking for information, then there is no reason to post your own views on it while threatening to quit if it's not like that.

Here is some info I found in a couple of minutes, put all the info you can from the admins/mods together if you wish.

http://xsyon.com/forums/28-features/...-decisions#232

http://www.xsyon.com/forums/30-prelu...rld-pvp-option

http://www.xsyon.com/forums/8-off-to...ions-for-jooky (Questions 2-4)

http://www.xsyon.com/faq (Number 11)
    I whole Heartidly agree with Veldern...

This post started as an informative discussion about pvp and ideals/thoughts about it, but has now turned into a QQ post...

If you are so upset about the state of the game and fear that it will not cater for your play style or be your gaming holy grail, then why not ask for a refund and go play some other game which will make you happy in the meantime? If you are then still interested in Xsyon, then keep an eye on its developments. That way when it IS released you will know full well what you are getting yourself into.

We don't need another QQ post where someone states Xsyon is bad because of XXXXXXX... The community that is here understands what the devs are going through and is supportive of their decisions as well as looking forward to the finished product.

Therefore to all people who are unhappy at this stage, why not get a refund and leave? No one is forcing you to stay and that would also mean less QQ for us to read...
    You're some piece of work. I notice you post right after your buddy. One instigates through deception or miscomprehension, and you immediately follow up with more misdirection. Go scam someone else, lol.

If "This post started as an informative discussion about pvp and ideals/thoughts about it..." then I guess I'm they guy that started the informative post. As for QQ? Where do you see me do that? Your buddy didn't comprehend what I wrote and then wrote that "it didn't sit well with him". I'm sorry what he doesn't understand upsets him, but I'm not going to let him brow beat me with his lack of English comprehension. So I explained it to him in detail. Like I said, he brought it up.

As for your misdirection, or perhaps your lack of comprehension as well (for all I know you're just an alt account agreeing with yourself), where do I say "Xsyon is bad because of XXXXXXX..." That's right. Nowhere. I do, however, say that when I buy a product, and that product is advertized as being available on a certain date, then I expect that product to be available on that date. Since this is an MMO, I realize that there may be some delay. But when that delay turns into "maybe in four months and maybe not then", then yes, I'm a bit ticked off. I'd bet good money that most people are ticked off about that. And you call that QQ or whining, lol? That's just the simple truth. If a car salesman did that to you how would you feel? All warm and glowy inside?

However, I bring that up only now since you bring it up yourself.

I'm also sure the developers really appreciate your "Therefore to all people who are unhappy at this stage, why not get a refund and leave? No one is forcing you to stay and that would also mean less QQ for us to read..."

Oh, I'm sure they love you for that one.

Without any malice whatsoever, just simply because it's the truth, all I can think of when I read what you write is "one with not much understanding". You can simplify that into one word if you wish.

Visitor

Veldern wrote:
    Blue Pig wrote:
    Hey, hey, hey, as I said, you brought it up, so I gave you a full explanation. Now you're bringing it up again. Who threatened to quit? I said I would do "A" if "B" was the case. I asked for information to see if I would do "A". "A" was leave, not quit, and it wasn't a threat. There was no threat. As I said, you have a reading comprehension problem. I'm content to drop it.
    No, I didn't bring up what didn't sit well with you. I brought up what didn't sit well with me. Lack of learning comprehension starts with you, buddy. And yes, saying you'll quit the game (or cancel your preorder) if it's not the way you want (AKA saying you'll do "A" if "B" was the case) is threatening to quit the game. I gave you a bunch of information, but from the sounds of things you didn't go through it. Too bad.
    Pretending to win an argument is one thing, actually winning it is quite a different matter. I see there's no need to reply to you. Have a nice day.

Blue Pig wrote:
    Pretending to win an argument is one thing, actually winning it is quite a different matter. I see there's no need to reply to you. Have a nice day.
    And yet you still do... I never said I won the argument, I merely pointed out how you lost it. Now that you've run out of valid things to say, I don't mind if you leave.

Visitor

prokop15 wrote:
    BLinDDeniaL wrote:
    Therefore to all people who are unhappy at this stage, why not get a refund and leave? No one is forcing you to stay and that would also mean less QQ for us to read...
    Alternatively, Jooky could answer basic mechanic questions that appear extremely vaguely in the features and information post.

@Bluepig: What one game did you have in mind that you would have a permanent advantage in? Also, you are really bad at writing man. Take this as constructive criticism, work on your conciseness. Its rude to write like you do.
    I'm really bad at writing? It's rude to write like I do? Rude to who? Those with ADD?

Well, I'm certainly not going to tell you what game I had in mind if you're going to be like that :laugh:

Visitor

prokop15 wrote:
    Yeah it's rude to people who value their time. Respect people who take the time to read your opinions even though you're clearly a .
    At this point you might want to take a look at my avatar. Then you might want to reread your post and reflect on "rude" and "respect".

Blue Pig wrote:
    You're some piece of work. I notice you post right after your buddy. One instigates through deception or miscomprehension, and you immediately follow up with more misdirection. Go scam someone else, lol.

If "This post started as an informative discussion about pvp and ideals/thoughts about it..." then I guess I'm they guy that started the informative post. As for QQ? Where do you see me do that? Your buddy didn't comprehend what I wrote and then wrote that "it didn't sit well with him". I'm sorry what he doesn't understand upsets him, but I'm not going to let him brow beat me with his lack of English comprehension. So I explained it to him in detail. Like I said, he brought it up.

As for your misdirection, or perhaps your lack of comprehension as well (for all I know you're just an alt account agreeing with yourself), where do I say "Xsyon is bad because of XXXXXXX..." That's right. Nowhere. I do, however, say that when I buy a product, and that product is advertized as being available on a certain date, then I expect that product to be available on that date. Since this is an MMO, I realize that there may be some delay. But when that delay turns into "maybe in four months and maybe not then", then yes, I'm a bit ticked off. I'd bet good money that most people are ticked off about that. And you call that QQ or whining, lol? That's just the simple truth. If a car salesman did that to you how would you feel? All warm and glowy inside?

However, I bring that up only now since you bring it up yourself.

I'm also sure the developers really appreciate your "Therefore to all people who are unhappy at this stage, why not get a refund and leave? No one is forcing you to stay and that would also mean less QQ for us to read..."

Oh, I'm sure they love you for that one.

Without any malice whatsoever, just simply because it's the truth, all I can think of when I read what you write is "one with not much understanding". You can simplify that into one word if you wish.
    Ello

Now that you mention it, it is quite funny that my posts directly follow Valen's...

I will not be addressing your attempts at provoking me for more trolling, however I would like to mention something with a tongue in cheek: I would like you to notice that I only agreed with Valen once and the other time with Ciik, therefore I doubt that that would makes either of us buddies :P

Now let's get back to the matter at hand:

I would like to clarify the intention and content in my previous post as I noticed it is quite open for interpretation after re-reading it.

The post was not meant as a continuation of the trolling or flaming but rather highlighting past actions. As I mentioned, you started this post as an informative post about mechanics and ponderings (however I might not have agreed with some of your examples) you had good points to offer. However since that time others have come to derail this into a trolling post and have succeeded in provoking you into trolling as well. Therefore this thread is now imo a trolling post = has no value...

The advice I mentioned still holds however and also applies to all other members of the community who are complaining about the current state of the game: If you are unhappy with how it's going down or what has happened, then get a refund and come back when it's done. (and everything else I advised)

You also have to realise that your comparisons do not hold water for Xsyon as they are quite different as Notorius Games is not an established developer and it's their first project etc, so it is expected for there to be pushbacks, delays and issues creeping up. However it seems this is your first experience for this sort of thing and therefore why I offered my advice in terms of removing the feeling of being cheated or unhappy (refund), saving you from undue stress+irritation (coming back after it's done) and then deciding whether your money will be wasted or return value by purchasing and playing Xsyon.

As you seem to like comparisons, I would say it is more apt to compare Xsyon to a movie production and you have stepped into the editing, cutting and reshooting phase of the product. You are far from going to a cinema buying a ticket and then watching the movie.

So I hope this will shed some light for you and that you consider my advice

Actually I didn't wanted to expand this a bit exploded into something the creator didn't intented post, but concerning 'patience' because not everything is perfect or just developing at the moment I have to say: I have all patience in the world lol. I'm sure there will be no _further_ charge as long there is no real playing possible, and I'm happy in giving those guys one 'advance payment' and perhaps it then - and perhaps just BECAUSE they haven't had other similar projects so far - is growing into something different. The vision that perhaps a game might be created that is different and is keeping me on over months or perhaps years is it worth for me to do this --- "yes, I'm interested, and here you have some bucks and go let us see what you can build and perhaps we will all have much fun together and then I'm happy to give you a monthly charge" ---
    So, no stress, and for myself (well I can only say for myself ) this is the point: If it's taking a bit more time than actually planned (15 Aug) my world keeps on spinning though. And I'm watching the progress and sitting there and yes: I have other things to do and am not totally bored just because XSYON is not what it will be once.
    And concerning the actual implementation, physics, terraforming, trees, water it IS so far different yet. Keep it rocking,

Visitor

BLinDDeniaL wrote:

I would like to clarify the intention and content in my previous post as I noticed it is quite open for interpretation after re-reading it.

The post was not meant as a continuation of the trolling or flaming but rather highlighting past actions. As I mentioned, you started this post as an informative post about mechanics and ponderings (however I might not have agreed with some of your examples) you had good points to offer. However since that time others have come to derail this into a trolling post and have succeeded in provoking you into trolling as well. Therefore this thread is now imo a trolling post = has no value...

The advice I mentioned still holds however and also applies to all other members of the community who are complaining about the current state of the game: If you are unhappy with how it's going down or what has happened, then get a refund and come back when it's done. (and everything else I advised)

You also have to realise that your comparisons do not hold water for Xsyon as they are quite different as Notorius Games is not an established developer and it's their first project etc, so it is expected for there to be pushbacks, delays and issues creeping up. However it seems this is your first experience for this sort of thing and therefore why I offered my advice in terms of removing the feeling of being cheated or unhappy (refund), saving you from undue stress+irritation (coming back after it's done) and then deciding whether your money will be wasted or return value by purchasing and playing Xsyon.

As you seem to like comparisons, I would say it is more apt to compare Xsyon to a movie production and you have stepped into the editing, cutting and reshooting phase of the product. You are far from going to a cinema buying a ticket and then watching the movie.

So I hope this will shed some light for you and that you consider my advice

I interpreted your post incorrectly then, and I apologize for the vitriolic statements I directed towards you. I have no objection to reasonable discussion.

Indeed, I see where I would have been better off ignoring a few posters.

My compliments to you for maintaining levelheadedness and clarifying the situation.

Visitor

frogeye wrote:
    Actually I didn't wanted to expand this a bit exploded into something the creator didn't intented post, but concerning 'patience' because not everything is perfect or just developing at the moment I have to say: I have all patience in the world lol. I'm sure there will be no _further_ charge as long there is no real playing possible, and I'm happy in giving those guys one 'advance payment' and perhaps it then - and perhaps just BECAUSE they haven't had other similar projects so far - is growing into something different. The vision that perhaps a game might be created that is different and is keeping me on over months or perhaps years is it worth for me to do this --- "yes, I'm interested, and here you have some bucks and go let us see what you can build and perhaps we will all have much fun together and then I'm happy to give you a monthly charge" ---
    So, no stress, and for myself (well I can only say for myself ) this is the point: If it's taking a bit more time than actually planned (15 Aug) my world keeps on spinning though. And I'm watching the progress and sitting there and yes: I have other things to do and am not totally bored just because XSYON is not what it will be once.
    And concerning the actual implementation, physics, terraforming, trees, water it IS so far different yet. Keep it rocking,

Your attitude is refreshing, and patience is usually my forte. I misplaced it for a few hours. You're right that a few bucks for the interesting experience offered here is reasonable.

Blue Pig wrote:
    Boondox wrote:
    so what about a game that had open pvp then changed to restricted pvp and became a failure like UO(Ultima Online). when trammel was added in everyone flocked to trammel where it was safe and pvp basicly died out.
    If everyone flocked to Trammel, that's a hint and a half that "everyone" didn't want gankfest PvP, no? UO was the first true MMO to come out. It had no competition. It didn't fail because Trammel was put in. If everyone went there, then the population just moved. How would that cause the game to fail or die? You want to know why UO died out? EverQuest : competition from a PvE game. That and the fact that, if you go back and play it now, UO is essentially a crappy game. But even a crappy "first of it's kind" game can be a great initial success.

I must say that EQ (after the first month or two) was the most boring timesink I've ever played. Ever. Brad McQuaid was a clever and sadistic/malicious "so and so." Essentially, he made a game that simulated fun, instead of making a game that actually was fun to play. Bigger and bigger bats. A tired model that other developers still follow. However, I will say that the best feature of EQ was that in a good group you actually could have a lot of fun.
    UO failed from Trammel because it made the game just like every other MMO UO was fun because you never knew when a red would randomly stroll by and attack you. And everyone one went to trammel because they want to play the game on easymode with no risk. Yea alot of people did gank and grief in UO but thats what the blue guilds were for that hunted reds, go to brit bank and say reds at covetous Boom they are dead and you can go back to hunting. The whole free for all pvp just adds a little extra risk to the game and some player protection.