Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re:The Case For WURM-like PK Protection

I don't remember the post but Virtus stated that Jordi definitely will not allow this game to be a gankfest. Many DF fanbois came over here when it was clear that MO was about to fail. They QQ long and hard but to no avail, there will be PvP but not meaningless (most probably it will be for resources) and not mindless (there will be consequences).

Now, the details are all undisclosed (we the players don't know, yet) and maybe even undefined (the devs themselves don't know either). I don't know which of the two, but I'm here giving my advice on what should be avoided and what could be attempted.

Stay with us and continue that way, your post was very constructive and well written, something always welcome on these forums.

I came from DF, and I for one think it was too out of control. You could barely fight in any spawns near NPC cities for any medium length of time without danger of getting ganked.

It would be nice to see a lot less random/meaningless PvP in a game.

Keep in mind a "bad" game to you is a "good" game to others. If you subscribe to the line of thought that the more people that like it makes it "better", then Britney spears was a great great singer.

I think they are trying to make this a "great" game in Jordi's eyes. I know he is definitely open to suggestion as long as the game ends up in the vision he has.

jessebfox wrote:
    Keep in mind a "bad" game to you is a "good" game to others. If you subscribe to the line of thought that the more people that like it makes it "better" than Britney spears was a great great singer.

I think they are trying to make this a "great" game in Jordi's eyes. I know he is definitely open to suggestion as long as the game ends up in the vision he has.
    This seems about right.

As for the comments on PvP, I'd think the PvP is far more likely to be over area control (in later days) and politics than resources - as there really doesn't seem to be "limited" resources. Junk Piles rarely run out, and when they do, they re-pop with-in minutes, this only thing I could see if trees run out because as far as I can tell, they don't grow back currently.

EDIT: Open PvP is here to stay, though, OP - we've been down this road, Jooky is set.

pid73 wrote:
    I don't remember the post but Virtus stated that Jordi definitely will not allow this game to be a gankfest. Many DF fanbois came over here when it was clear that MO was about to fail. They QQ long and hard but to no avail, there will be PvP but not meaningless (most probably it will be for resources) and not mindless (there will be consequences).
    Lol, I guess you could sort of consider me a DF fan boy though I quit some time ago. I though wanted df to have a system something more akin to this however, where PVP was for a purpose and had rewards and deterrents, however this didnt happen. SO hopefully the Dev team will make pvp more of a only in necessity, instead of a, im doing this because I don't want to grind.

sicarius wrote:
    Lol, I guess you could sort of consider me a DF fan boy though I quit some time ago. I though wanted df to have a system something more akin to this however, where PVP was for a purpose and had rewards and deterrents, however this didnt happen. SO hopefully the Dev team will make pvp more of a only in necessity, instead of a, im doing this because I don't want to grind.
    This very closely represents my own pvp ideals... and what I was hoping for in DF as well lol.