Thread: Dual Screen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dual Screen

Does Xsyon support dual monitors? Or is there any plans to implement this. Very few games do support this feature which is a shame. I'm not in the beta yet (though hoping to find my invite in my inbox when I get home after the recent wave of invites) so I dont know how the map feature works but having this on the 2nd screen would be 1 good idea. Also being able to drag other windows (eg inventory) and other UI objects around and onto the 2nd monitor would be great giving me more space on the primary monitor.

I know this would be a low priority feature, just a thought.

Re:Dual Screen

Nails wrote:
    Does Xsyon support dual monitors? Or is there any plans to implement this. Very few games do support this feature which is a shame. I'm not in the beta yet (though hoping to find my invite in my inbox when I get home after the recent wave of invites) so I dont know how the map feature works but having this on the 2nd screen would be 1 good idea. Also being able to drag other windows (eg inventory) and other UI objects around and onto the 2nd monitor would be great giving me more space on the primary monitor.

I know this would be a low priority feature, just a thought.
    It is not in-game and being that this is an indie game, I wouldn't suspect it to be implemented.

It's not commonly used in mainstream games for a reason - it's not all that overly wanted/required/used.

I use dual monitors too and would love to see it, but this is not something I find even remotely likely for this game.

It would be like asking Jooky to add 3D.

not sure about the not wanted part, every person i know that has dual screens would love all games to support it. But I wasn't expecting it to be there, just thought I'd mention it.

thx anyway

There's really nothing in the game right now that you'd want to move to a second screen. There is no map and for the most part you want the various inventory and crafting windows near each other and near the screen center where the confirmation dialog pops up. However the UI does need some reworking so perhaps in the future things will be more amenable to a multi-monitor layout but even then I suspect it wouldn't be worth the development trouble.

i usually just have ventrillo/music player/firefox on my other monitor whilst gaming