Anyone else unable to get past loading screen?

First time I logged in took awhile but got in.

Couple days later I try again, and it stuck at loading stuff for over 5 minutes each time before I reset and tried again.

My pc is not garbage

Re:Anyone else unable to get past loading screen?

Hello Akasha,

Are you able to log in to the test server?

At what point are you stuck? At 'Loading Entities'? I will send you a PM.

If youre stuck on dark screen with XSYON prelude sign, You got same issue as i have.
    When the test server is online, Im unable to login to main server - i can wait even few hours until timeout. It was already reported with all additional info, so just need to wait

Xsyon - I tend to get stuck at loading entities...

What causes that?

Xsyon - I tend to get stuck at loading entities...

What causes that?
    As people change the terrain, these changes are stored and sent to you when you log in.

In the future, these changes will be patched out through the launcher. Right now they are sent during Loading Entities. If your connection to our server isn't great, this could time you out during the Loading Entities part if there has been a lot of terrain modification.

I wiped the terrain data this morning, so this should not happen. We are making improvements to the server right now to prevent this in the future, even with lots of stored terrain changes.

Ah.. I thought it might be that... However if it is then loaded at the launcher, wouldn't it still result in huge waiting times? It would just mean moving it from freezing at loading entities to the actual launch of the game?

Or is there some uber design you guys have thought of to make the launcher really fast as well as logins?

However if it is then loaded at the launcher, wouldn't it still result in huge waiting times? It would just mean moving it from freezing at loading entities to the actual launch of the game?
    No, when the data is 'baked' into the actual game data files and patched out through the patcher / launcher it's a much faster download than through the game itself.

Maybe they'll make a System Tray app that runs constantly to make sure your game is up to date with all the latest terrain changes.

Kind of kidding but I bet a lot of people would accept something like that if it was the only way to prevent a long wait to log in.

I get the same problem quite alot. If I leave it long enough I eventually get an error 'D3D Device Creation Failed: -2005530520' (dont know if same number each time). Some times I get in some times I don't. Note this is before I get to the character selection screen.