New terrain shadow problems

With the new terrain system, when I move shadows act wierd. Does anyone else see that?

Re:New terrain shadow problems

Ah interesting.

This sounds like I may need to generate new 'normals' for the terrain. We'll do this with the next update as we are still fixing some locations in the terrain.

Thanks!

Oh nice haha. I thought it was my problem. If you need any video showing you what I see, tell me!

There's always been a issue with shadows and the way they move (especially noticeable against trees). Not sure if this is what you are talking about though.

Not totally related but i did notice that most if not all waterfalls seem to flow upstream

bruisie159 wrote:
    Not totally related but i did notice that most if not all waterfalls seem to flow upstream

It depends on where you're at...all the water flows one direction, like if it flows south. and you are north, it seems to flow correctly, but if you are south it would look wrong.

I think on flat land it makes no difference where you stand, wewther it flowed north or south it would look fine. I think the problem would start when south (if thats the way all water flows) is the opposite of the way the water should flow at a waterfall.

Water should flow downhill rather than any particular direction i suppose