Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grass

Grass

Can someone tell me how to get grass? I couldnt see a gather type skill so thought i'd try savenge and use it in grass areas but no joy. I did find 1 stack of grass just lying there, is that how it's found or is there some way to harvest it?

Re:Grass

Nails wrote:
    Can someone tell me how to get grass? I couldnt see a gather type skill so thought i'd try savenge and use it in grass areas but no joy. I did find 1 stack of grass just lying there, is that how it's found or is there some way to harvest it?
    Open your resource menu and wait for grass to show up in it, then right click.

The resource menu will show whatever item you're on/near to harvest.

Ah thanks, so it does use the scavenge skill? Or can anyone harvest any resources that appear in that menu?

Nails wrote:
    Ah thanks, so it does use the scavenge skill? Or can anyone harvest any resources that appear in that menu?
    It does not use scavenge skill.

Anyone is free to gather the resources out there.

Doesn't take skill you grab something with your hands and pull! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ya' know. The grass looks like shit in Early Access to me.

Think the main problem is that the grass is 2d, as you rotate your view the grass rotates with u

KamenMoore wrote:
    Ya' know. The grass looks like shit in Early Access to me.
    2D

Grass is pretty much always done using billboards in games. But they usually increase the density and overlap them while randomizing the angles. Currently they wind up in neat rows and look like hair plugs.

Yeah, I spoke to Jooky a while ago about that, he said that he agrees that the grass could be done better, but at the moment its not a huge priority. Im sure they give it a littler revamp in the future but for now it will do there are other more pressing matters.