Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not likeing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

not likeing

don't like the option of yes / no every time you refine something... it can be repetitive.

Re:not likeing

Not to troll, but I enjoy the repetitiveness and the dialog every time you go to craft or scavenge. There's a reason this game isn't WoW, as if it were WoW, we'd likely be whining over PvP and PvE play.

EmyLightsaber wrote:
    Not to troll, but I enjoy the repetitiveness and the dialog every time you go to craft or scavenge. There's a reason this game isn't WoW, as if it were WoW, we'd likely be whining over PvP and PvE play.
    So not having a yes or no option makes a game WoW? I suppose having quests makes the game WoW too? Probably shouldnt have leather boots either, or leather belts...hell there shouldn't even be leather as it too closely relates to leather in WoW.

EmyLightsaber wrote:
    This is a really poor excuse for a cumbersome UI. And completely irrelevant.

The flip side of this coin, people ask for confirmation, so they dont accidentally use something for a completely different purpose.

I'm not arguing against the confirmation. It just needs to be less of a chore to use. Either make it pop up right next to the mouse cursor or else have it respond to the keyboard (like "Y" or "N"),

I don’t see anything wrong with automating the crafting UI as long as the time needed for the action is realistic. Just like the way we chop down trees, we don’t need to keep clicking to perform a repetitive action. If I have the mats I should be able to choose say make 5 and then just wait.

That could promote mass production and afk macro crafting.

Diocletian wrote:
    That could promote mass production and afk macro crafting.

So,

The complexity of the crafting system should not come from a cumbersome UI. The complexity should come from controlling land for gathering and an economy. You can’t mass produce without materials.

Look at the way EVE does it.

Edit:

Oh and I could very easily write a macro to mass produce even with the system we have now so keeping it overly clicky only promotes macros

Paradox wrote:
    Oh and I could very easily write a macro to mass produce even with the system we have now so keeping it overly clicky only promotes macros
    Agreed, all the current system does is make me want to write macros to save my wrist.