Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:Excessive video card temperatures

Same thing here. 8800 Ultra. Within 2 min my fan is at 100% and temps are much higher than any other graphic intense game. Only other game that does this to me is Darkfall but it takes about 20min.

I can run anything under the sun and never see such a quick heat up, nor see temps as high....

Something is going on here for sure.

Just did a test... With just the lobby screen open it takes less than 35 seconds for temps to rise to 90c. Clean fans, clean system. With just the lobby open!

Are ATI users seeing these same issues?

I'm using an ATI Raidon 5850 1 GB vram, one monitor DVI, the other HDMI to a 32" LCD TV/Monitor. The video card is not overclocked. I'm running the game on the Large screen at 1970x1080 resolution with all graphics set to the highest levels.

At this configuration, my video card monitoring software shows the card running up to 75C with 99% Continuous Usage.

Turning all the graphics options to minimum settings, keeping the same screen resolution, the Continuous Usage is around 60%, peaking at 69% with rain. The temperature drops to 65-70C.

I do have more than average cooling setup for my case. 2 fans blowing air in and 3 pulling air out. Plus I use a Ultra ChillTek Cooler for my CPU heatsink, which has kept my CPU constantly below 40C.

You might consider adding an intake fan to force more air through your case. If your GPU is taking hot air from the motherboard or CPU heatsink, then it won't get as cool to start with. Also, check your cabling, make sure it is not blocking airflow through your case.

Kitsume wrote:
    You might consider adding an intake fan to force more air through your case. If your GPU is taking hot air from the motherboard or CPU heatsink, then it won't get as cool to start with. Also, check your cabling, make sure it is not blocking airflow through your case.
    I'm certain that my GPU has ample coolage and airflow - this is not the first game I've played, nor the first computer I've built and maintained.

That being said, this and Mortal Online are the only games that can and do throw my GPU fan to 100% even when under the lightest of loads (login screen).

It's something specific to how the above mentioned games are coded, because I can run Crysis even with this card (not on max) and not even reach 100% fan usage, let alone 90+ degrees under 100% fan.

My NVidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ only gets to 63°C... Idles around 60°C.

Mind you i have Shadows set on Low... :P

I've turned shadows off altogether.

Yeah I have a 220GT, at medium setting with 2x anti aliasing I usually don't overheat too much.

If I try going on max settings, that my friend, is a different story.

removed

removed

But what about your GPU?

I can play the game 20 min on lowest setting until my gpu get over heatet and my pc shut down

i never had that in any game before and i have a asus engtx 295

thats maybe a big problem...