Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:Excessive video card temperatures

I have noticed this also.I dont have specifics but this is a concern of mine and I'm glad to see others with more computer knowledge are on top of this problem.I beleive the devs will address this issue,or I hope so because a new comp is not in the budget :blush:

Hmm never checked how my system was running but haven't had any overheating issues. Has Xsyon released the system specs or they waiting for us to tell them which machines work and which do not. hehe.

cbowsin wrote:
    Hmm never checked how my system was running but haven't had any overheating issues. Has Xsyon released the system specs or they waiting for us to tell them which machines work and which do not. hehe.
    It's not a spec issue. Something just needs to be cleaned up.

JCatano wrote:
    Many many moons ago I played WoW for 3 years. 1 particular Florida summer my machine kept powering down due to overheating. I fixed that by aiming a box fan at my pc. Then I moved on to Warhammer and the client would crash everytime on loading. Found out that PC did not meet system specs, so I upgraded to a new machine that I currently use now. With the Florida summer approaching I have yet to experience overheating. So if I don't have that problem that you do, how is it a software issue?

The software might need optimization but how do we know that is the issue? Maybe you just need a boxfan or an upgrade?

cbowsin wrote:
    The software might need optimization but how do we know that is the issue? Maybe you just need a boxfan or an upgrade?
    Considering the rest of my PC stays well under "standard" cool temperatures, I would be willing to bet it's not because of my airflow.

Add to that the fact, which I mentioned earlier, that I can run Crysis and not even remotely meet the same GPU usage as I do while playing Xsyon.

There are night and day difference in the graphics and load on the GPU there, and Crysis has the edge, so why is Xsyon working my GPU harder?

Must be my hardware, right?

Pardon me while I roll my eyes.

Relandi wrote:
    There are night and day difference in the graphics and load on the GPU there, and Crysis has the edge, so why is Xsyon working my GPU harder?
    Good question which is why I am curious what the system specs are, so then we would have something to compare to. Perhaps Xsyon's system specs are higher than Crysis?

cbowsin wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Many many moons ago I played WoW for 3 years. 1 particular Florida summer my machine kept powering down due to overheating. I fixed that by aiming a box fan at my pc. Then I moved on to Warhammer and the client would crash everytime on loading. Found out that PC did not meet system specs, so I upgraded to a new machine that I currently use now. With the Florida summer approaching I have yet to experience overheating. So if I don't have that problem that you do, how is it a software issue?

A system isn't going to overheat just because you don't meet the specs. It's not that simple. Your former issue was a fan/cooling issue; not spec. Your latter issue was a spec problem that had nothing to do with overheating.

This is a coding issue. If CoD: MW2 and Darkfall (in 100v100 sieges) aren't even coming close to Xsyon temps, then something is wrong. Xsyon's graphics are average at best. Not to mention that many people with beast systems are having this issue.

Well what do I know, you all are the professionals, lol.

My idle GPU temp is 80C with 27% fan speed.
    In-game I get to about 87C and 44% Fan Speed on default settings.

Not really sure how to set the graphics to max since many options appear to be on high with default settings, but I turned on reflections and set shadows to very high:

I get 90C and about 50% fan speed.

All seems fine to me. Sorry others are having an issue.

cbowsin wrote:
    Well what do I know, you all are the professionals, lol.

My idle GPU temp is 80C with 27% fan speed.
    In-game I get to about 87C and 44% Fan Speed on default settings.

Not really sure how to set the graphics to max since many options appear to be on high with default settings, but I turned on reflections and set shadows to very high:

I get 90C and about 50% fan speed.

All seems fine to me. Sorry others are having an issue.
    You're having the issue, too.

Those temps are very high, especially the idle.

For example, my idle is 38C at default fan speed which is around 30'ish %. Ingame is 74-79C depending on the settings.

When you see a max temperature spec for a GPU, it doesn't necessarily mean that's what it is allowed to run at. It's just the temp before it decides to shut down and melt on ya.

In trying to find out if my GPU temps are normal I've found quite a large swing of temperature ranges out there. Your 38 at idle seems incredibly low to me (mine is in the mid 70's usually). But people have reported all sorts of "normal" temps so it's hard to say what it should be. I guess it all depends on the construction and the GPU model.

Basically all we can do is compare how hot our GPUs gets with this game vs. other games.