Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: rain is not good

I have no idea what the OP is complaining about. Rain barely affects your vision in this game. Maybe he was confusing snow with rain but even then it wasn't a problem for vision. More for finding your mouse.

Re:rain is not good

My main point about having an option for turning weather off was for lower end systems where the weather has an impact on their fps etc.

pottedfrog wrote:
    My main point about having an option for turning weather off was for lower end systems where the weather has an impact on their fps etc.
    Same response as you got above. It can't be an option. If it's really taxing people's systems (which I doubt) then they'll have to figure out a way to fix that. And if they can't and it's negatively affecting the majority of the players then they would have to disable weather altogether.

But I think people are overstating the problems with weather (other than the silly way it turns on and off and how snow makes locating the cursor hard [which from what I understand has been addressed]).

The rain isn't too bad but the snow is terrible.

You get the far off layer which looks real, the the middle layer which looks kind've like styrofoam pellets but are still tolerable, but then the top layer is like a bunch of mutated lice running down my screen and looking all distorted and horrible for the 5 seconds that it snows every 10 seconds.

I have realized that I HATE snow, not just dislike but HATE it, it is very bright and disorienting, it somehow morphs on top of your teraforming and it is magically put on top of newly laid roads, making any type of teraforming difficult and nearly impossible.

But that's the reality of weather effects and is a good thing I suppose, except for a few quirks.

The rain animation just needs to be a bit smaller and not so in your face, smaller drops but more of them. The snow is fine except for the biggest layer which looks well....yeah.

I'm not saying get rid of weather at all I am saying is improve it graphically.. if weather effects combat then that's fine, of course, just would like to see the image of rain better... less hazy etc
    For combat it should effect the calculations of fighting ie bow strings are wet, arrows will fly less accurate. Gunpowder misfires and or movement is slower, due to mud and LOS is reduced instead of having a graphical haze pouring down your screen that doesn't look as good as it should, or realistic... I don't think that weather should be removed at all, just improved..

paulous wrote:
    Weather animations are not very good they are to thick and vision is hampered its also very annoying it should be more subtle..
    Are you serious? The rain is excellent and it should hamper your vision. Rain generally is annoying ....

I think rain has been done really well in this game.