Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lag Monster

Re:The Lag Monster

Lag is just horrible right now.

It has gotten worse and worse in the past week and I am assuming a result on the ridiculously large teraforming projects that some players have been working on being saved every so often.

Its really making the game almost unplayable so I hope they soon add Tribes so these guys cannot lag the entire server so severely with their absurd designs.

It has gotten worse and worse in the past week and I am assuming a result on the ridiculously large teraforming projects that some players have been working on being saved every so often.
    Yes it is and we are reworking how this is saved.

OK great, don't hesistate to reset the terrain again if that is a short-term fix

But thanks for updating us Xsyon.

Reason they want everyone terreforming right now is so they can fix it really good. more terraforming and crashing the server the better right now. Allows the coders to see how the code needs refined.

Granted, if its limited to tribes their will not be as much, but I think get the logical reasoning. If codes setup where it can take the extreme then its safe for whatever is going to come about =).

zephar123 wrote:
    Reason they want everyone terreforming right now is so they can fix it really good. more terraforming and crashing the server the better right now. Allows the coders to see how the code needs refined.

Granted, if its limited to tribes their will not be as much, but I think get the logical reasoning. If codes setup where it can take the extreme then its safe for whatever is going to come about =).
    I think this is the right attitude. The terrain should stay, the code should be refactored to handle extreme cases, too.
    Once the restrictions apply, there will be no problem when many more players join the game and terraform their tribe land.

zephar123 wrote:

5 miles of 500 ft walls with rivers running through them, 5 square mile pictures in the ground, etc that is all no going to be possible when Tribes come out.

You think they should change the code rather than just put a restriction on it? hehe you just want to keep making your giant projects dont you?

Anyhow, they wiped the terrain(thank god) and now the lag is gone.