Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:Need More Information: Lag

Don't worry about mouse lag. It's been fixed apparently in the upcoming update.

Hurk wrote:
    sicarius wrote:
    I have been experiencing both kinds of lag. I have an extremely laggy mouse, up to the point in some instances it will take several seconds for it to catch up. I have also had server lag and frame rate lag, but in the last several days I havent notices frame rates being as bad. I will log into the server today and update this post if necessary.
    Laggy mouse is probably from your gpu being overtaxed.Try lowering the graphical settings and see if it stops.
    HAHAHAHA, you forget nothing else is laggy, except of course when you look at more than 2-5 trees on screen. Then the frame rate drops to something like 15-18 fps.

Simply put there just needs to be a huge amount of optimization.

Try turning off shadows.

Hello.

Nice graphics inside. Ihave everything on max settings.

1) Delay and not possible to write in chat and not finishing action.(sorting 4 bounches of metal scraps. After the lagspike my screen showed diffrent parts of screens mixed together. (im using 1920x1200 resolution and windows 7 32bit with ati radeon HD5770 videocard.)

2) No problems with theese.

3) Occure in spikes. I played few hours with no lag at all as it sudden started. Got spike, logged off, after few minutes, got spikes again. At same time my screen was messed up.(see picture).

Xsyon wrote:
    For those of you reporting in game lag I have a few questions:

1) Are you primarily experiencing server lag such as delays in chat, finishing actions, moving items around your inventory, seeing other players skip around and so on?

2) Or are you experiencing slow frame rates and a choppy mouse cursor?

3) If you are experiencing actual lag, does this seem to occur in spikes (such as every 5 minutes)? Or does it occur constantly?

We're working on several different major issues right now and our next update will feature some major server revisions to deal with lag. We are also working on some rendering optimizations that will improve framerate, but those will take a while longer to implement.

dead men dont wear plaid
    and they dont talk that fast

serious,
    after you die it takes 5-30 sec till you can chat again,
    you can type quite fine and press enter, but it will take quite a while till the line shows up in the chat

no idea if intended or not, if intended it behaves too random, sometimes you can chat within 5 sec, sometimes it takes about half a minute till the line you just typed shows up in the chat

besides that no real lag for me

on test server....are you running test programs that can be causing lag? im getting a virtual slide show after only a couple mins in game...then i got a "Xsyon.exe can not read memory location XXXXXXX", it then locked my system.

Deacon, yes.

For example, we've spawned creatures in large groups in a small area.

The test server also experiences some slowdowns simply because the machine serves other purposes (such as the game download).

Greetings.
    After last pach, lag seemes to increase. Both in chat and moving objects.

You wrote:

1) Are you primarily experiencing server lag such as delays in chat, finishing actions, moving items around your inventory, seeing other players skip around and so on?

ans: yes

ans: no

3) If you are experiencing actual lag, does this seem to occur in spikes (such as every 5 minutes)? Or does it occur constantly?

ans: random occationally with minutes between lag.

regards

Vidar wrote:
    Greetings.

You wrote:

regards
    This

After todays patch, HUGE lag in chat, 2-5 minutes and same with opening baskets and moving contents. Moving character has no lag.

regards

Vidar wrote:
    Greetings.

You wrote:

regards