Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:Need More Information: Lag

Hello, The lag is Terrible this morning.Takes 30 to 50 secs to use a skill and when you type in Chat sometimes takes more than a minuite for it to show up. All of the animals I have seen this morning are all stuck up on the rocks. They do attack but when you run fron them they dont follow you far at all and they go and sit/stand/lay right back in the same spot.I also found a large,square black box in Zone 861 Pos.189.87/451.10/486.40 on the road and halfway down the hill :unsure:

system is lagging about every 5 min.

EDIT: the lag is getting horrendous...even your site is starting to lag...and no...it's not my system...Xsyon is only one doing it.

I'm experiencing the same lag that everyone else has mentioned. I was online earlier when the server was taken down for a "10 minute" update and the lag seems worse since then. :unsure:

I just clicked on the harvest grass button and it was literally 5 minutes later before the action kicked in. Also, when I first log in, all of my stat bars (health, energy, hunger, thirst etc.) are empty and then after about a minute they return to the levels that they're supposed to be at.

I've also seen the animals "stuck" on the rocks and hill sides. Oh, there was also a Mule Deer that disappeared as I was about to attack him... not sure if this was from lag or a different issue.

I hope this helps.

Seems like the server is not communicating with clients.....

Games has become unplayable

even your site is starting to lag
    That's very strange. There is no connection between our web server and the game servers.

I've restarted the server and am checking the log files now.

Xsyon wrote:
    even your site is starting to lag
    That's very strange. There is no connection between our web server and the game servers.

I've restarted the server and am checking the log files now.

yeah, it was probably because I had the game running at same time I was accessing the forums.

EDIT: or the connection betwen my ISP and you was having difficulty as well.

the lag happens under any circumstance i know its not on my end. what i think it is from is that the server just cant handle it all. even thou they dont be many people on it has to constantly keep track of every item that person puts down any tree choped down and any basket left alone with the baskets permissions. last time i played was about 3 or 4 wipes ago before they put in teh baskets and animals. then was hardly any lag so if u look at it that way it may just be the server cant handle to ammount of load with all the stuff it has to keep track of. but thats just my opinion. but seems about right to me.

edit: forgot to mention if u think about it most games have timers on item drops so they can save server load and not have to remember all the items.xyson is diffeerent it has to rememer everything so a server would have to be even stronger wth 1/3rd the pop of say a normal game server. so say a game like wow for example if it left every item forever that people didnt pick up imagine the load that puts on the server its what the xyson server is goign thru imo

Before the last patch today it was nearly impossible to play due to heavy lag.

After the patch today, lag decreased significantly.

regards

Good. If there is still some lag, please keep reporting it with as much detail as possible.

The detail I am looking for includes:

Is the lag consistent lag over a period of time, or it is a lag spike?

What is the duration of the lag? For example, one lag of 10 seconds, or continous delays of a second?

Thanks for all the email reports this week.