Thread: The Green Fog

The Green Fog

A few days ago, I went in search of the Green Fog. When I found it, the fog just sort of appeared around me, there was no fog on the horizon, no warning I was close. As I got deeper into the fog, it just increased in intensity around me in every direction, until it was too thick to determine a direction.

I would like to suggest the fog be a visible barrier, more like a volumetric cloud. You see the fog before you enter, with items in the distance increasingly obscured. As you enter the fog, until you get too deep, it should be obvious which way is the thicker or thinner part of the fog.

I can think of several ways to accomplish this, I guess it depends on the limitations of the Xsyon game engine.

Re: The Green Fog

You can tell you are getting close to the fog when the clouds and sky start taking on a green tinge. And rivers and waterfalls too. This is long before you get to the thick stuff

Cunk wrote:
    You can tell you are getting close to the fog when the clouds and sky start taking on a green tinge. And rivers and waterfalls too. This is long before you get to the thick stuff
    Yes. The problem is everything in all directions gets the green tinge when it starts. As you go deeper, the tinge increases, in all directions. I was hoping for some directionality to the fog.

Yeah, I suppose. I tend to know where I am at all times so it's never been a problem for me. So if I'm on the west side of the map and the sky starts turning green I just start walking east.

Kitsume wrote:
    Cunk wrote:
    Yes. The problem is everything in all directions gets the green tinge when it starts. As you go deeper, the tinge increases, in all directions. I was hoping for some directionality to the fog.
    2 things:

1.) Don't enter the green fog then
    2.) The green fog slowly kills you so not exactly something you want to go playing with

Virtus wrote:
    2 things:

2.) The green fog slowly kills you so not exactly something you want to go playing with

Did I miss something? Was that a joke that just went over my head?

Are is that the official response from Xsyon?

Mr. Winky face never jokes!

Virtus wrote:
    Mr. Winky face never jokes!
    It's TRUE!!

aliksteel wrote:
    Virtus wrote:
    2 things:

Did I miss something? Was that a joke that just went over my head?

Are is that the official response from Xsyon?
    I don't understand. What's confusing? He's saying to stay away from the green fog.