Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question for the devs

Dont know if you can answer this or not but here goes , Do you happen to know in what order you plan to release more skills or features?

just wondering , its not super important to know or anything but it would def give us some kind of timeframe of things to look fwd to (not even so much timeframe)

Re:Question for the devs

The plan is:

More basic skills (fishing, firebuilding, cooking, more complete crafting etc.).

Creatures

Totems and Tribes

Construction

Animal taming, mounts and pets

The order might change depending on how things progress. For example, mounts and pets might go in earlier depending on how quickly some additional animations are finished.

Good stuff. I know I am looking forward to testing out cooking and possibly assisting with firestarting (for cooking).

Also I managed to scavenge up a Hoe Head and Garden Scythe so I hope agriculture/farming is in there somewhere. :P

Xsyon Citizen

I can't wait! It will be like Christmas!

When I read about all those nice skills and things to do I get impatient...

Just to make you more impatient, I did implement the hardware mouse cursor (and it's a bigger cursor now).

It's still going to be possibly a week before we can patch out the new update. We need to move to our new servers this week, so right now we're installing all the necessary software etc. It's taking a bit of time.

cbowsin wrote:
    Good stuff. I know I am looking forward to testing out cooking and possibly assisting with firestarting (for cooking).
    Why do I get the idea you are a pyro... hehe just that you had to say that the "testing" you will do on firestarting is... "for cooking..."

Xsyon wrote:
    Just to make you more impatient, I did implement the hardware mouse cursor (and it's a bigger cursor now).

It's still going to be possibly a week before we can patch out the new update. We need to move to our new servers this week, so right now we're installing all the necessary software etc. It's taking a bit of time.
    Just out of curiosity, where is the new hardware located? Still Chicago? It doesn't matter much to me but I know a lot of overseas players are interested.

Just out of curiosity, where is the new hardware located? Still Chicago?
    Still Chicago, but we tested ping / connections to these new servers with players in different locations around the world and the connection was better in all cases with the new server location.

zasdman wrote:
    cbowsin wrote:
    Why do I get the idea you are a pyro... hehe just that you had to say that the "testing" you will do on firestarting is... "for cooking..."
    lol. Just the opposite. We know they have a 'Firestarting' skill which means to me that campfires are going to be more than just the simple 'drop campfire' like Warhammer, where one appears. So depending how involved fire is going to be could also affect cooking.

Again I don't know how involved cooking will be, perhaps it is just like WoW, where it is slap X, Y, Z together and you have a meal.

Maybe it is that simple but from the features list and from the fact there is a firestarting skill I hope it is actually challenging to create meals.

For example, say we have chickens. We kill the chicken and clean it using a cleaver (or maybe the cleaver blade I found was just for weapons). Well we can not eat raw chicken so we have to cook it. Well if we have a small little fire, then the chicken is undercooked and people get sick. If the fire is too big than it becomes overcooked, though is still edible but perhaps it only provides 50% of the maximum food points. So the testing of firestarting (only applying to cooking) meant if fire has any affect on the outcome of the cooking craft. At least I would like to. :woohoo: If it doesn't then I have no need for firestarting.