Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:Not seeing everyone in chat

With the new zone layout. Does this rule still apply where it is just current zone and adjacent or is it the same range as before?

It's based on current and adjacent zone, so the range will be smaller right now.

Jadzia wrote:
    As far as I know there won't be global chat.
    Whaaat!

Just make sure you have your thick weave blanket equipped and right-click your nearest fire.
    Type 3-8 characters into the textbox prompt and submit to translate it into smoke signals.
    Players who have a higher level in (blahblahblah(firemaking?)) can produce smoke signals that are more distinct and can be viewed from farther away, requiring less perception than that of a lesser-skilled smoke signaler.

Players with higher perception can view and interpret smoke signals from further away.
    As technology progresses, I can see more uses for this sort of communication.
    ---
    Bam, I just made a new tribe role, communications officer.

GDWhite wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    Whaaat!

Just make sure you have your thick weave blanket equipped and right-click your nearest fire.
    Type 3-8 characters into the textbox prompt and submit to translate it into smoke signals.
    Players who have a higher level in (blahblahblah(firemaking?)) can produce smoke signals that are more distinct and can be viewed from farther away, requiring less perception than that of a lesser-skilled smoke signaler.

Players with higher perception can view and interpret smoke signals from further away.
    ---
    good idea tbh... lulz too i can see the funny messages already in the sky ....

There should be a local chat where you can only hear the people around you. You could speak in 3 different way:

/whisper <Message>
    Only the people who are really close can hear you.

/say <Message>
    Everyone around you can hear you.

/yell <Message>
    People can hear you from far away.

Global / Help Chat for support and a Tribe Chat.

Well ideally they will implement a proper chat panel. Not one that requires prefixes like that to work with.

Also, you can already whisper to another player or shout to the entire server using console commands.

edit:
    But if they do implement yell it needs to rely on your energy bar.

GDWhite wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    Whaaat!

---
    This would be great, lol

Information from the Features page:
    General chat based on hearing range.
    Whisper directed to specific players within range.
    Town and player group chat channels.
    Town message boards where players can post announcements.
    Town markets where players can place auctions, items for sale or trade and want ads.
    Town mail boxes where players can send items and private messages.
    It's been confirmed that "Whisper directed to specific players within range" was a mistype, whisper won't be based on hearing range.