Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not seeing everyone in chat

Earlier in the weekend like Thurs/Fri I could see the user Bossman chatitng. Later in the weekend I couldn't not.

I was talking to another user Pyro. Then it appeared he was having a conversation to himself so I asked who he was talking to and he said Bossman.

So it was apparent I could not see Bossman's messages, nor could he see mine, but Pyro could see both of ours.

Thus I noticed several times where it appeared other users talking to themselves and knew that wasn't the case. I just wasn't seeing all the messages from all the users.

Sorry if this is a known issue, haven't seen it discussed recently.

Re: Not seeing everyone in chat

Chat is range-limited. So Bossman was out of range during that second conversation.

Cunk wrote:
    Chat is range-limited. So Bossman was out of range during that second conversation.
    Ahh really, that's bizarre as I would not expect that in "GENERAL" chat. Perhaps a regional, spatial etc maybe, but not General. do we know what that range is set to?

The range should be set to your adjacent 'zones'. Each zone is 2048x2048 meters right now, so chat has a large range, but is definitely not a global world chat.

Xsyon wrote:
    The range should be set to your adjacent 'zones'. Each zone is 2048x2048 meters right now, so chat has a large range, but is definitely not a global world chat.
    Thanks!

Re:Not seeing everyone in chat

That can be annoying though as you only see half of a conversation.

Would you prefer chat is confined to each zone? So that you can't talk to someone 5m away if they are over the border? Or would you rather chat be global and covers the entire map?

Both, have a global chat tab and a zone chat tab, am guessing that most of the chat will be on the tribe chat tab. (assuming they implement the multiple chat tab feature seen in alot of mmorpgs)

As far as I know there won't be global chat.

Personally... I like it the way it is... makes more sense to me.. but then what do I know :P