That's a good question. I mentioned something previously about not having tooltips during character creation, thus making the idea of selecting stats to increase moot if players have no clue what they contribute to.

With that said, they don't want to make the game gear driven or dependent aka "Xsyon is not a gear based game.". Which makes providing any stat details pointless. Because lets say they showed how strong each of the 5 threads are, let's say polyester was the strongest then people will want only that making the other 4 threads pointless.

I beleive we start with a 'scrapper shovel' or something and during my scavenging I found a 'standard shovel' and a 'square shovel'. If it provided what stats they give say, +1, +10, +20 then we could clearly determine what the 'best' shovel is and that is the shovel everyone would want throwing the rest away or holding on to until they got better.

One thing listed on the features page is that, "When and where you craft might be just as important as what you craft." and also "Skills are affected by many external factors." So perhaps A square shovel is better than a scrapper shovel when it is raining. Perhaps a Standard shovel is better than a Square shovel for fense making. Perhaps the Uber Shovel of Mountain Moving will give you brick roads where a scrapper shovel just gives you dirt roads. Displaying any of this info removes the 'exploring' and figuring' things out aspect so what info could be helpful to display without 'giving it away' ?