prokop15 wrote:
Jesus, so stupid. I can't believe you think that not having any info on anything ever would be some kind of sweet game mechanic. These ideas aren't even related, let alone intelligent. Gear is not the same thing as stats. Pretty sure you just solved poverty. Why aren't those idiots living in mansions since THEY KNOW ITS THE BEST. What would happen when a couple weeks into launch we've figured out which thread is best?
LOL, settle down cowboy. Never said it was a sweet game mechanic, it was based on my interpretation of the 'Features' list. I agree 'Gear' is not the same thing as stats, but a gear-dependent system is driven by them. Take WoW for example, heavily gear based. What keeps people chasing for the next carrot on the stick is because the new content has better stats than the content they currently completed. They are not the same thing, but in a gear dependent game stats go hand in hand with gear.

Poverty what? What are you talking about?

If min/max'ers figure out which thread is the best and at current drop rate, I would say 4 of the types will be immediately discarded and tailors will gather only the one.

It's all rock-paper-scissors. Perhaps people will figure out that bone armor provides the best defense against melee. So what will happen, that happens in every MMO is that if the majority players are melee then the majority of players will want bone, leaving the leather and cloth guys with very little customers. Until projectiles come into play and it is discovered leather provides the best projectile defense then leather workers become popular and so on and so on.

By displaying stats to tools, weapons, armor etc I believe contradicts the focus of the game as described on the features list. I could be wrong, but that is the impression I got. So instead of parading childish insults why not come over to the big boy's table and try to have an intelligent conversation. :lol: