Terrafoming necessary for constructing building

I see people wondering how terraforming will work and maybe only certain people can terraform when the tribe is formed but is it absolutly necessary that you terraform to build a log cabin?

if we can just build cabins without terraforming it would make more sense the only reason to terraform is if your going to build a massive city compound. but if you are solo and want to have a small cabin why do you need terraforming.

This maybe how it is already I might be confused cause so much of the game is not active.

Is building construction a totally diffrent aspect of the game where terraforming isnt necessarry?

Re:Terrafoming necessary for constructing building

Foxco wrote:
    but if you are solo and want to have a small cabin why do you need terraforming.
    How terraforming applies to daily life I am not sure if that has been clear yet. What we do know:

- Terraforming can only be done on tribal-land. Presumably only done by tribal members.

Thus the soloer to terraform to build a log cabin is highly unlikely.

- Also from screenshots, in the towns we see tents and fences so terraforming for structures and perimeters may also be unlikely but feasible.

So what terraforming would be useful for?

Your tribe sets up base in the mountains or near water but fences, kiosks, other structures (requiring not-so-rough terrain) need adequate landscape to be built. Maybe to create an acre of crops some mountain/rocky terrain needs to be removed.

More will came as more things get turned on. As these features get implemented we will see how needed terraforming will be.

Am guessing you'll need to flatten the land before you can place a structure on it. Also ditches will make a good defensive obstacle as other tribes will be unable to cross them. (as they cant deterraform on another tribes land.

Foxco wrote:
    I see people wondering how terraforming will work and maybe only certain people can terraform when the tribe is formed but is it absolutly necessary that you terraform to build a log cabin?

if we can just build cabins without terraforming it would make more sense the only reason to terraform is if your going to build a massive city compound. but if you are solo and want to have a small cabin why do you need terraforming.

This maybe how it is already I might be confused cause so much of the game is not active.

Is building construction a totally diffrent aspect of the game where terraforming isnt necessarry?
    Yes, what you see people doing now with terraforming and logs is just them playing with a quirk that exists in the game currently. This is not how housing will work.

I understand how terraforming works why I asked if it was necessary for building a cabin for a SOLO player not tribe is i have seen a few posts from people crying about why only tribes get to terraform because the tribe leaders will only let a couple people do it.

but if building a cabin or building is a diffrent skill from terraform and you can build 1 with out TF they shouldnt worry about it.Moving dirt up and down isnt that big a deal but building a cabin is pretty cool .I can understand being upset if they cant build there own cabin solo or in the tribes land but not being able to TF so what.

Also allowing everyone to TF anywhere look what it has done to the beta never ending lag after a week and waiting on the entities to load.

its all from TF look how great the game runs after a wipe compared to after a week of people building 5mile long walls just to raise the TF skill up

Yes, it's a different skill and system.