Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:Terraforming restrictions

I'm curious as to what happens when 1 tribes zone runs into another tribes radius, do they overlap in a contested border where the stronger tribe owns the land, or do they share the land?
    There is a limit so that you can't place two tribe totems so close together.

Xsyon wrote:
    I'm curious as to what happens when 1 tribes zone runs into another tribes radius, do they overlap in a contested border where the stronger tribe owns the land, or do they share the land?
    There is a limit so that you can't place two tribe totems so close together.
    But what happens when a tribe gains members and their area grows ? In this way 2 tribe zones may overlap...

There is a maximum tribe radius. New totems can't be placed within this radius of an existing tribe.

If a tribe grows beyond the maximum radius, the tribe will be able to place expansion totems to create new colonies.

Haha... no one mentioned 'extension totems before... this is a new development.

what is the max?

Does an extension totem have to be placed with the zone range of an existing one?

This changes things

Well... extension totems have actually been planned for a long time, but I was going to keep them as a surprise as the Prelude develops.

They plan is that they have to be within a range of the main totem, but not within the main totem's actual town zone. The current range is 5 times the totem's town radius.

Something like this?

Draw a 500 m radius from the town totem's center and that's where the expansion totems can go.

I'm also considering allowing expansion totems to be placed within the same radius of another expansion totem.

Will totems be permanant? If a tribe wanted to move after building up and area, head for "greener pastures", can it ?

What happens if a tribe population gets below 10 ? Is it disbanded?

In that case we wont have to worry about losing scrap piles.

What happens when you recruit a terraformer to the tribe, and he turns out to be a trolling alt, paving roads over all the grass and scrap piles in your territory, effectively deleting the resources in a 500m radius.

Sounds like a cool option for enemy tribes; Scorched Earth tactics (thanks CoH :]).