Diocletian wrote:
On that note, my short experience with wurm has let me run into some griefing on the free server. I have had people tear up pavement and start putting dirt down everywhere, and start tearing up slopes meant for roads. I have even had some team cut down all the trees and sand over the grass.
Golden valley , the free server , is not Wurm , its a different world with different laws , its like a limited demo of what wurm has to offer , and griefing is something normal there as you have free accounts all over the place , everyone can make alts without paying for them , so even if they ban someone for griefing - thats pointless because he can make another char and grief again .At normal server with over 2 years of playing i was griefed only once , and only because some of villagers from my settlement took stuff from a decayed building( which we had a 100% right to do ) , whos owner showed up after that and was pretty angry , but either way we fixed the grief ourselves in a matter of hours

anyway not straying from the topic from what Virtus said i like what Jooky tinks about this matter of terraforming really , if the game is designed to not bombard us with the need to pointless grind for skill thats fine with me . Sad grinding isnt my favourite thing to do