Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Computer running very hot!

I saw another thread somewhere about this and others with the same concern with their comps running in the 90's while playing Xsyon.I too experience this and was wondering if the devs are working to remedy this?Thanks for any and all info

Re:Computer running very hot!

Your PC or GPU?

The other thread is about GPUs.

90's farenheit? not too bad for a processor:/

QQ more mine run at 95 when idle :P

OK so first thing: Is this the CPU or GPU you are talking about?

I had a problem where my GPU was hitting 130 Celsius and needless to say that was not good. I realized that with my nVidia graphics card I had a very cheap fan on it with almost no heat sinks so I bought a new fan. Installed it and it immediately dropped to 50-60 Celsius idle and maxed at 80 C while gaming.

Another thing you might want to do is buy a can of compressed air, unplug your computer, open the case and go to town cleaning every area you can reach inside there. Have the vacuum handy to scoop it all up.

I have never had a problem where a game was to blame for my crappy equipment failing. Run a Pinto on the Autobahn at top speed for 2 hours and if the engine freezes up is it the fault of the Autobahn?

I think it is a problem of comparison. other games with better graphics do not need the same level of hardware. it is now clear that there are not the optimizations that streamlined graphics engines have (unreal, quake or whatever).

Xsyon Citizen

Hurk wrote:
    OK so first thing: Is this the CPU or GPU you are talking about?

I had a problem where my GPU was hitting 130 Celsius and needless to say that was not good. I realized that with my nVidia graphics card I had a very cheap fan on it with almost no heat sinks so I bought a new fan. Installed it and it immediately dropped to 50-60 Celsius idle and maxed at 80 C while gaming.

Another thing you might want to do is buy a can of compressed air, unplug your computer, open the case and go to town cleaning every area you can reach inside there. Have the vacuum handy to scoop it all up.

I have never had a problem where a game was to blame for my crappy equipment failing. Run a Pinto on the Autobahn at top speed for 2 hours and if the engine freezes up is it the fault of the Autobahn?
    I would agree with Hurk and upgrade to a new heatsink and fan, along with good thermal paste/compound (not thermal adhesive). You could also step up into the world of water cooling if modding is your thing, if not stick to a good heatsink/fan combo. Extra fans in the case is also good and as Hurk mentioned, a clean PC is essential to combating heat. Just say NO to dust bunnies!

lol you rly think ppl would uprage theyr gpu just for xsyon?
    thats MADNESS

my engtx295 overheat after 20-30 min xsyon

i play crysis all full for 4h+ = nothing

its a problem of the game engine and i think they wil optimize that

simple fixes first, most issues are not the game, but infact the weather is getting hotter and odds are your fan on your GPU is getting slower with time.

If you have a ATI download this program you can manually speed up the fan. Odds are you will find its only running at liek 50%.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=725

You can look around thier if you have nvidia links their as well.

I have to just laugh at the people who keep saying "it's your fan" or "it's the weather"

Listen - I've used a PC to game for well over a decade now, I know how to maintain a computer, and I'm more than able to keep a PC at well below standard "cool" temps.

I also live in the Pacific Northwest, where, as most know, perhaps you don't, but we don't have much in the way of extreme weather. It rains, a lot.

Now - that being said, and I've repeated this SEVERAL times now. I can play Crysis on damn high settings, and not even remotely hit the same GPU temperature as I do while on Xsyon, let alone under 100% fan use..

Someone claims Xsyon hasn't revealed the "required system specs" yet here they are, sitting in the FAQ:

8.) What are the system requirements?
    Windows (XP, Vista, Windows 7)
    Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz (or similar)
    RAM: 2GB
    Video: 512 MB Video supporting Pixel Shader 2.0
    Hard Drive: 10 GB
    Of course we recommend the best system possible!
    So - being that I have WELL over the required system specs (I'm running dual core 2.5ghz + 8800 GT OC'd) and I can play any other game out without touching even remotely the same GPU usage and temps, I'm left pointing the finger at Xsyon.

And no, the OC on my card is not the problem, my card runs at an average 60-70 while under heavy loads on other games, with maybe 50% fan..

My 8800GT runs at 80-90 under 100% fan on Xsyon - this is not right, no matter how you spin it.