Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unable to get in

Will the problems with getting into the game be fixed with the next release? I've reached the point now where I've given up even trying to get into the game anymore. Which is a shame as do enjoy testing the game when I can get in.

Main problems for me are:
    Getting stuck on connected for 20+mins before I even get to the logon screen.
    Getting stuck after logging on, when it doesn't bring up the character select screen.
    Getting stuck on creating entities or zones after selecting a character (beleive this is caused by the masses of terraform changes so hopefully this bit will be fixed)

Re:Unable to get in

What graphics card u got, and sound card, Memory etc...

Dont think it's a problem with my pc as some times I can get in with no problems, is more todo with the internet I think as during working hours I can get in fine. Once it hits about 5pm till 11pm I've got no chance, and can rarely get in over the weekend. I know there will be increased traffic during these times so I won't be getting as much bandwidth, but all other mmorps I play dont have this problem.

Unfortunately as I work this means I can rarely get in.

what is the speed of your internet? DSL or cable? and are u located in USA?

think max i can get is about 6meg, and no I'm in uk.

Just few simple things to test.

This may sound odd, but make sure your directx is up todate.

other things

if you have nortan or macafee disable it and see if problem goes away. If problem goes away then youll need to make some rules in settings.

Disbale windows firewall temp. to make sure thats not effecting it if above dont work.

Last idea, it could very well be your routers fire wall. Hook up directly to internet without a router to test this.

you should be fine with 1 meg down (don't want to make assumptions about lower connection speeds.)

www.speedtest.net try that when you can't get in game and when you can see what the speed are under each situation.

Hello Nails,

You are timing out during log in (that's why it seems like you're stuck at Loading Entities).

We've made some changes to prevent this from happening, but this won't be fully tested until we release this upcoming build.

Will try disabling the firewall tonight if I cant get in. But I'm not sure how this would effect it as it's time of day related (or business of the network connection)

Will also try the speedtest thing.

Thanks Xsyon, was fairly sure that was going to improve, is the other 2 situtations I'm worried about where I dont even get to the login screen or the character screen. If I failed to connect or something it would makr more sense, is strange that it says connected then just sits there for ages never reaching the login screen.

Hello Nails,

If you continue to have these problems after our next big update, let me know. I can schedule a time with you to check when you're logging in and I can check what's happening on the server side.