Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Wipe ~ Tribes

just a quick question on Tribe creation and tribe related stuff after the next wipe and updates...

[ul]
    [li]Will tribe creation be in?[/li]
    [li]Will you need a minimum number of members to start an in-game tribe? If so, how many?[/li]
    [li]How will a tribe lay claim to a tribal zone?[/li]
    [li]How will tribal zones be dished out? By region? By number of tiles? [/li]
    [li]How will the tribal zone be marked?[/li]
    [li]How will terraforming another tribes zone be controlled or prevented?[/li]

[/ul]

Hmm.. wasn't really a quick question after all :huh:

Re: Post Wipe ~ Tribes

lol, and again: good questions :P

Re:Post Wipe ~ Tribes

I'll try to answer.

Will tribe creation be in?
    Who knows? On the official updates thread they say nothing about the new features, so let's act surprised when they release the patch.

Will you need a minimum number of members to start an in-game tribe? If so, how many?
    I remember something like minimum 10 members, but don't quote me on that.

How will a tribe lay claim to a tribal zone?
    The founder should have a command or item that allows him to deploy the tribe's totem. Once placed, the tribe land expands around it based on the number of tribe members and will vary when the tribe grows/shrinks.

How will tribal zones be dished out? By region? By number of tiles?
    Most probably it will be a circular area of influence around the central tribe totem.

How will the tribal zone be marked?
    No information about that, yet. The totem will be an actual in-game thing (item/feature) you can see, but the tribe borders may not be visible or be marked in some way...

How will terraforming another tribes zone be controlled or prevented?
    Generally, only entitled (enabled) tribe members will be able to terraform the own tribe's land. There is no way terraforming outside the tribe's influence area or even other tribe's lands may be terraformed.

@Pid73

Excellent replies... thank you very much.

One last question... is the totem capturable.. like capture the flag?

If it's captured or destroyed, does the tribe loose it's zone?

:woohoo: sooo many more quetions... can a tribe be evicted and how?

Thanks again

Bossman wrote:
    @Pid73

Excellent replies... thank you very much.

One last question... is the totem capturable.. like capture the flag?

If it's captured or destroyed, does the tribe loose it's zone?

:woohoo: sooo many more quetions... can a tribe be evicted and how?

Thanks again
    This is not set in stone, but in over 3 months I'm following nearly each and every post I can say that totems will probably be indestructible and uncapturable. And supremacy will always be granted to tribe members. This means there will be no way another tribe annihilates your tribe or area of influence.

It will obviously be possible to destroy any structures inside your foe's tribe area, but most probably only after having declared war, as friend/enemy relations between tribes will greatly influence what you can do and what not.

Totems are used to post and retrieve player made quests, to access the tribe bank, to set the tribe's configuration (members, alignment, allies, declare war and stuff).

Great replies again... many thanks

Just a quick add on to Pid's answers...

The 10 minimum is how many you have to have to claim a territory, I do not know the minimum for having a tribe. Everything else looks right.

10 tribemember is the correct number, somewhere Xsyon wrote that towns are equal with tribes, so I guess you can't start a tribe without making a town.

Found the thread about it:
    http://xsyon.com/forums/28-features/...ssed-this#2358

Trying to get my head around this...

Is this how it will work?

Added to that..
    [ul]
    [li]Will the border shrink if the membership reduces?[/li]
    [li]Can we move the totem? If we move it how will any objects/building/terraforming in the old zone be affected?[/li]

[/ul]

I don't think totems can be moved.
    The radius is a function of the number of tribe members, and yes, it will shrink when tribe members leave (or, better, this is as much as is known right now, but it may change).

That's a post from over 1 month ago:

http://www.xsyon.com/forums/6-genera...e-answer#19039