Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:how much do you wana bet

I never expected it to be out when they first planned it... No MMO I've ever heard of that was worth playing did. In fact, if you thought it was, you might just be stupid enough to thinks MO is going to eventually be good...

I guess I just don't care all that much about the delays. Even if my interest in this game has diminished because of these delays who cares? It's just another game to play. If this one isn't ready I'll go play others in the meantime. I've got Dawntide open as I type this.

I do understand that there's always the risk that if an MMO falters too long in getting to the point where they can sustain themselves financially then yeah, the game could fold but why worry about that until it happens? And if it happens, well, I guess I'm out $40. I've spent more than that on shitty single-player games that I couldn't bear to put more than a few hours into.

lol @ idiot calling others fanboys when he's calling darkfail and MO sandboxes and praising them. Go away nobody cares.
    Go play your superior Dawntide too lmfao.

Xsyon isn't focused on the same playerbase as Darkfall and MO. Many of us have never ever thought of playing those games, and never will. There aren't any new sandbox game coming out which is not focused on PvP, only Xsyon. So the players who found this game originally and haven't come from Darkfall forums are still excited about this game and willing to wait. And Dawntide...that game is so buggy, very very far from being released, and right now it looks very boring, hopefully they will improve it.

Cunk wrote:
    I guess I just don't care all that much about the delays. Even if my interest in this game has diminished because of these delays who cares? It's just another game to play. If this one isn't ready I'll go play others in the meantime. I've got Dawntide open as I type this.

I do understand that there's always the risk that if an MMO falters too long in getting to the point where they can sustain themselves financially then yeah, the game could fold but why worry about that until it happens? And if it happens, well, I guess I'm out $40. I've spent more than that on shitty single-player games that I couldn't bear to put more than a few hours into.
    I pretty much feel same way. I think the upcoming patch will say alot as well. I hope the team best and glad they are going hold off untill it right.

Jadzia wrote:
    Xsyon isn't focused on the same playerbase as Darkfall and MO. Many of us have never ever thought of playing those games, and never will. There aren't any new sandbox game coming out which is not focused on PvP, only Xsyon. So the players who found this game originally and haven't come from Darkfall forums are still excited about this game and willing to wait. And Dawntide...that game is so buggy, very very far from being released, and right now it looks very boring, hopefully they will improve it.
    I in same mind set you are in about this. Although ive played alot of PVP games, I prefer more of the creating and crafting.

prokop15 wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:
    Xsyon isn't focused on the same playerbase as Darkfall and MO. Many of us have never ever thought of playing those games, and never will.
    What... Have you not been reading these forums for the past 4 months? There is a large amount of players from Darkfall interested in this game, and in MO.

There aren't any new sandbox game coming out which is not focused on PvP, only Xsyon. So the players who found this game originally and haven't come from Darkfall forums are still excited about this game and willing to wait. And Dawntide...that game is so buggy, very very far from being released, and right now it looks very boring, hopefully they will improve it.
    Fair enough. Your demographic apparently has no other choice but to wait. That crew must be whats keeping this forum BUSTLING.

All I'm saying is that I don't think tossing firestarting skill into the game, at this point, will be winning many players back.
    What I meant was that Darkfall and MO are focused on PvP, so they are supposed to attract the PvP loving players. Xsyon isn't focused on PvP, so its main playerbase is supposed to be players who loves crafting, building, etc, and some PvP here and there.

Players who like hardcore PvP games may be interested in Xsyon, but they would get disappointed anyway, so its not a real problem if they leave now for MO or Darkfall. Others who are here to play a sandbox game which main features are exploring, building, crafting won't leave since there aren't any other games like that out there. (only Wurm, but its dated graphics scares people away.)

And forum not bustling is ok, why should it be...it will be alive again when there will be more features added to the game.

I think you're going to be sadly mistaken about how many PvPers stick around, Jadzia.

That is, if they can get combat to be more than "swing, swing, you win".

Relandi wrote:
    I think you're going to be sadly mistaken about how many PvPers stick around, Jadzia.

That is, if they can get combat to be more than "swing, swing, you win".
    If they stick around thats good. What I'm worried about is disappointment. I'm worried that a part of the playerbase will be disappointed in the game after Prelude...and its because of the lack of information. Why can't we get to know how tribe wars or town sieges will work ?

Players have to wait 4 months minimum for the game to be launched. Then they have to wait for like 6 months to play after-Prelude. After waiting so long, what if the after-Prelude features are something they don't like ? Why can't we get to know them now and decide if they are worth the wait ?

If a PvPer waits 10 months to play the features he loves and the game turns out to be something very different I can understand if he gets upset. It would be much better to avoid this. We only need some info.

Jadzia

Thats why it called a sandbox game, u will find out everything while u play. U want to know ahead how everything works? Why?