Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re:how much do you wana bet

joexxxz wrote:
    Jadzia

Thats why it called a sandbox game, u will find out everything while u play. U want to know ahead how everything works? Why?
    Well lol thats a new definition of sandbox games...not to be aware of its features. Why to have a feature page at all then ? Just say 'come people play this game its sandbox you're gonna love it!'.

Ok let me explain whats my problem. Lets say a PvP player is interested in this game cause of open PvP. He somehow overlooked the 'severe consequences' part, already set up for a disappointment. He doesn't like the safe zones of course, but willing to wait after Prelude when they will disappear (he thinks) and when he will be able to attack and destroy villages (he thinks). He tests the game for 4 months, plays Prelude for 6 months, while can hardly wait for the 'real' features like town sieges.

Finally after Prelude arrives, and it turns out that tribe wars and sieges are only capture the flag games...or they are based on mutual agreement or there is a server split with another server with safe zones and no sieges. This is the point when I guess the PvPer will get very angry and upset (and thats really understandable) and going to badmouth the game. Do the developers really want that ? Is it fair toward the players who hope to play an FFA PvP game with destroying tribe villages and stuffs like that ? I can't see any reason why these features are not announced clearly.

My 2 cents on this:

1) first cent: Jadzi is right, because there are some features that are GENRE-DEFINING (like open pvp, hello kitty animations, similar stuff). So these GENRE-DEFINING features should be known *AND* invariant.
    2) second cent: joeXXX is right, because in sandbox games it's very fun to explore features and they should be kept under wraps but not impossible to uncover, so a good balanced is required to make it fun to fiddle around with these. But this should be limited to features that are NOT GENRE-DEFINING.

playing a game for months, and then being thrown into a completely differente GENRE is not fun at all. I don't think Jordi would make such a huge mistake.

It's like Disney makes a movie where trailers and the first part is Mickey Mouse and then, suddenly, unbeknownst to the spectators, the second part of the very same movie is a social documentary about ex-violin players of the CCCP.

I don't know about anyone else, but I just wanna know rather looks like monday deadline will be reached or not. I mean I have no issue if its going to take a few days longer. It is the not knowing part tha5t drives you mad :woohoo: .

I really have to respect that the developers of this game are working over the weekend to get it done, instead of sleeping like mention in another game :P

Pid73, thanks for your two cents... Well done...
    Jadzia and you right also, some info from DEV team would be nice about what u mentioned

joexxxz wrote:
    Pid73, thanks for your two cents... Well done...
    Jadzia and you right also, some info from DEV team would be nice about what u mentioned
    AFAIK there is no official dev info about that, but my considerations are general, and refer to product marketing in general... be it a movie, grocery goods or any commodity. You have to say what you are selling, be accurate and truthy.

prokop15 wrote:
    Fair enough. Your demographic apparently has no other choice but to wait. That crew must be whats keeping this forum BUSTLING.
    Some people don't feel the need to raise post count, and are patient enough to wait for something worthy to discuss rather than the same old arguments over and over again. As in any game, the majority of players don't even post.

There may be a "large amount" of players from DF and MO in the forums, but in general I would say those are far more vocal (and caustic) people and just because a decent percentage of people on the Forums are from those 2 games, it does not mean that a large percentage of the preorders are from there.

The forum going population never is a true microcosm of the in game population.