Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Attack of the cones

Anyone else noticing random cones in stuff they terraformed? Some point up and some point down...

Re:Attack of the cones

Like this, first image ->

z

If that is in fact what you mean it's simply the result of the level-of-detail (LOD) algorithm reducing the number of distant triangles that get drawn to your screen. Personally I'd like the range to be a little greater (or client-adjustable) because it's a little too noticeable right now. Hopefully the new terrain rendering code that's coming will improve on this since it supposedly increases performance.

Nope... that is a diffent thing... which I understand. What I am seeing are perfectly formed cones close up... I'll screenie next time I get one.

Cheers

I concur this seems very much LOD related.

No, he's talking about where, let's say you make a pit and level it out. Then you log on the next day and there's a random cone sticking out from it (and it was not terraformed, it just appeared when the server reset.)

**EDIT**
    For those who have preordered, it I believe he's talking about this problem.

http://www.xsyon.com/forums/11-bugs-...tearingpitting

(Please note that this link only really talks about the ones affecting structures that are built up, when you dig down you have the opposite problem.)

Veldern, I didn't notice that line made it into your sig
    I'm honored /bow

So far it's my favorite quote of the forums Pid :laugh:

lol at least you folk can get into the game...still waiting on the next update.
    Can't even get into the login screen...something about my monitor..first in 20+ betas I've dealt with where a Monitor is the problem...lol