Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bag on ground not staying open

I guess isn't happening to everyone and the other person (Relandi I think) who mentioned in IRC that he experienced it said it didn't happen all the time. But I do have fraps evidence that I can post if necessary. But it's pretty simple.

I dropped one of my character's bag on the ground so I could grab some things from it for my main. However when I open the bag it keeps closing itself a few seconds later (time seems random).

The bag in question can be found at Z190, 959.52, 1820.60 (unless someone takes it). Maybe someone else can check if it happens to them as well.

I did notice that one of the changes was to fix the bug of being able to open a bag on the ground and have it remain open no matter where you went. Bags close immediately now when you move. So maybe this bug is related to that change.

Re:Bag on ground not staying open

Yeah - this happened to me, and it seems rather spotty.

I tested using 1 bag on the ground, I didn't move, I didn't remove items or drop items in. I simply sat there opening, waiting .. closing, re-opening, waiting, etc.

In the end, the same bag would decide to close itself after varying amounts of time, then would return to normal (staying open) without any change in variables from my side (I didn't move, enter any keys, notta.)

As Cunk spotted, and mentioned, it may very well be related to the new movement check on open bags.

Unlike pre-update. I made a toon. On my second toon I dropped his bag. Then I deleted that second toon. Logged back on main. I see the bag. But I'm not given the option to pick it up or open it.

Going to try, but not deleting toon this time, except taking a long time to log back in.

Movement is probably being detected and closing the bag. I'll check on how sensitive this is. Are you moving or rotating your view at all?

Xsyon wrote:
    Movement is probably being detected and closing the bag. I'll check on how sensitive this is. Are you moving or rotating your view at all?
    Nope, nothing. No input of any keys aside from clicking of my mouse to open/close bag while I was testing.

Yeah, when I was testing I took my hands off my keyboard and mouse as soon as I clicked the "Open" button.

It might be useful to be able to walk a tile or two away from the bag before it closes anyway.

cbowsin wrote:
    Unlike pre-update. I made a toon. On my second toon I dropped his bag. Then I deleted that second toon. Logged back on main. I see the bag. But I'm not given the option to pick it up or open it.
    Ahh ok. Everything is right clicking now. Figured out you have to right click packs as well to pick-up/open them.

Moving camera closes packs. Moving items briefly makes packs close but then reappear. Ill see if I can reproduce the issues others seem to find.

Opened bags on ground closing

I have found an old bug.
    Bags on the ground close on their own.
    But I have an info about how: it happens when I drag an item in my inventory.

I'll elaborate:
    1) open your inventory
    2) open bag on ground
    3) drag item between bag/inventory
    4) works fine
    5) drag item in your inventory to another slot (still in your inventory)
    6) unexpectedly, the bag on the ground closes

Re:Opened bags on ground closing

does this mean they fixed the issue where opening bags on the ground ... without moving or moving camera will close for no reason on their own?

Re:Opened bags on ground closing

AFAIK I can do a lot of things (open/close other windows, some actions)... and it stays open very much. But once I move an item as described above it closes
    I didn't try turning or moving, had no readon to