Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:Why are we so low on energy now?

Cunk wrote:
    it seems like actions that probably shouldn't use up energy are, like fishing (isn't that supposed to be a nice, relaxing activity?
    It'd be relaxing if you weren't pulling a fish out of the water every 6 seconds.

I would like to know how energy drain relates to your stats
    I make char Strength 90 fort 90 agility 90 dex 90,assuming these
    help stamina....90 is the current max will that go higher and if so are we playing at say less than 1/2 if max was 200.
    As far as i can see so far encumbrance is main factor..so do we just need to wait till someone finds wheel

Find the wheel? What kind of post-technological survivors do you think we are? Get to work!

Realistic and playable are two different things... IRL we might have to rest for 10 minutes after very intense activities, but in game that's just annoying. Basically it means you do something, then you go play something else for ten minutes, then come back. Defeats the purpose entirely.

Energy regeneration should be slow only if the user is under some sort of penalty, like hunger or thirst. Other wise it should be quick, sense there is really no point in having to stand around for ten minutes before playing again.

*Also, the time spent doing things should obviously be higher then the time spent resting. Currently it isn't like that.

Zarma wrote:
    Energy regeneration should be slow only if the user is under some sort of penalty, like hunger or thirst. Otherwise it should be quick
    I fully agree. Not quick as in instantaneous, but enough that if you're sprinting around pounding your Scavenge key, you'll eventually want to stop and start crafting some easy things while you avoid getting caught wheezing.
    ---
    Easier recipes should take less time/energy to complete.
    At higher levels of crafting, more should come from less.
    RP:In your years of extreme-wilderness basket weaving, you've learned to make several baskets out of what would normally make just one.

Yes, I always add multiple off-topic suggestions in each post. :]

This thread is a bit funny... you guys ever tought of raising running/swimming/jumping... you will notice that you drain a lot less stamina. I think it's fine the way it is, you need to raise running obviously you should not recover stamina fast when starting the game.

Just to be clear I made this thread before an update that improved matters quite a bit. I have no problem with how it works now.