Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why are we so low on energy now?

A number of people were complaining in chat about how slowly energy replenishes and I didn't notice it until just now (since I was mostly just walking around a small area scavenging). Even the amount of time you spend wheezing when you run out has been increased drastically compared to before. Add to that the heavily reduced run speed (I used to be able to run 5 m/s on grass -- now it's down to 3 m/s) and you've got a lot of frustrated players.

In addition it seems like actions that probably shouldn't use up energy are. Like drinking water. And fishing (isn't that supposed to be a nice, relaxing activity?)

edit: In regards to my comment about run speed, does body weight now affect your max speed?

Re: Why are we so low on energy now?

Yes, encumbrance affects run speeds.

Re:Why are we so low on energy now?

It takes 10 minutes to go from fatigued/winded to full energy. Does seem to be a bit much, especilly when there is nothing to boost the energy regeration such as sitting or something.

Everyone around roundhill last night probably heard me bitching about said problem... :laugh:

Diocletian wrote:
    Yes, encumbrance affects run speeds.
    I was referring to actual body weight, as in whether my character is fat or thin.

Unless you're saying that his fat is included in his encumbrance which would be a realistic feature but ultimately pointless since it will simply be avoided by not creating fat avatars.

yah this enegy lag is a real pain...I feel like a 40 year smoker with emphazema.. :laugh:

I am wondering what the rest bind is for. Does not seem to do anything right now.

This really is a killer if you are caught short of energy swimming - may as well drowned and re-spawn

have been rethinking this and once resting is implemented i'd put the full recharge time back to 10 mins or more, but i'd also make a full bar last 2 to 3 times longer, so u have enough energy to chop down 10-20 trees, but then you do need to rest for a couple of mins, or stand still for 10. Seems more realistic, and less annoying, then having to spend more time standing still than doing anything.

I would like if there were things that gave buff to energy capacity or energy regen etc.