Ok, I've never posted to any forum ever, so please forgive any social mistakes. I'm proposing something I believe has never been tried. Since the f2p crowd, aka "Farmville" etc... has seen huge success (Seriously, I was at a local library the other day and a 60 year old woman was on the library computer managing her farm,) I propose Xsyon captures this spirit.

Here's how I propose it should work:

If I don't want to pay to play I can agree to join a tribe and turn resources into usable goods. I could craft, I could farm, I could do manual labor and what I receive in return is protection of the tribe and my efforts. Yes I'd be an indentured slave, but I can imagine a way to freedom (including forking out the money to be a freeman).

The paying members would constitute the leadership and the warrior class that protects the community.

Resources can not be gathered by non paying members either. Only paying members can gather and provide the resource the f2p crowd can work with. This mitigates the chinese farmer or trial account exploits.

I look forward to a discussion on why this might work or not. I and the community do not look forward to any flames.