Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:fishing suggestions

hehe well i guess im thinking old school UO where i used to poison food and watch noobs die lol

kiwibird wrote:
    You have to do different things for different fish, the game does that with basic fishing and mini-game fishing for moderate or hard fish. But again not in game so I have no idea.
    Excellent idea . So u mean, just add mini-game for fishing for advanced fish, like shark, whale, etc. but for basic fish, just leave as is. Sounds excellent. U just dont want to make fishing, a mini-game, for all fish. hmm.

whales in lake tahoe, man that must've been a crazy apocolypse.

But seriously I don't see why adding some type of mini game would be a bad thing, as it is now, fishing is just boring.

And keep in mind that fishing won't be the only source of food, while gathering others would likely require you to kill some type of creature, fishing requires you to sit and stare at a stick.

Thoughts on fishing

I tried some fishing today, and I am glad to see it implemented. I just had a suggestion that may add some flavor to the fishing experience. If there were bait, which could be found from foraging or scavenging, or even some types that could be crafted, and each type gives a higher percentage chance to catch a fish and to catch a specific species of fish. This would add a new requirement to fishing making it somewhat limited and would also open the market to different fishing flies made from feathers and thread, or different kinds of cutbait and stinkbait. Not something imperative, but something that could be added in later to give some variety.