Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

fishing suggestions

OK, you may be planning this already, but one issue with many mmos is any crafting thats simply clicking.

What would be nice is a simple mini game while you fish you can real in out have text that you are getting a nibble do you want to wait or tug ETC, course some bait as well be nice.

little more to way fishing is in EQ2

OH BTW this last patch I don't know why, but fixed frame rate issue I was having. I was testing it last 2 days, but was going to make sure was not on my end after patch some odd reason its better I dunno its coincidence or not lol.

Re:fishing suggestions

Already brought this to his attention . Right now it would be too much work compared to stuff that has to be done (like the server and animals and tribes and buildings yada yada yada. However, I really would like something like this.

Virtus wrote:
    Already brought this to his attention . Right now it would be too much work compared to stuff that has to be done (like the server and animals and tribes and buildings yada yada yada. However, I really would like something like this.
    aye lots to be done =) mini games to many of crafts would be nice perhaps after release or something, but I get what you mean.

Adding mini-games later on will deflate prices.
    If it was easy getting fish before, once the mini-game is in it will only hinder getting fish, if compared to before the mini-game. Available fish will therefore have a higher value, and this means that mini-games introduced after the economy is established, will feel like an earthquake in your purse.

pid73 wrote:
    If it was easy getting fish before, once the mini-game is in it will only hinder getting fish, if compared to before the mini-game. Available fish will therefore have a higher value, and this means that mini-games introduced after the economy is established, will feel like an earthquake in your purse.
    Well thats a good economic argument why not to add the mini-game after the fact.

However if acquiring fish as is, is not fun, but fish are a necessity then it becomes a chore. A game full of chores is not fun, thus deter gamers. However if fish are not a necessity then most won't bother fishing at all, unless it was fun to do.

True, cbowsin.

I hope that actual "meals" made of fish will have a kind of "bite counter" (really, a stack counter). So you can take a bite now and then on your fishy sammich

This would mean a lot of food in a single slot, and less often to do the chore.

Same for canteens you can fill to have a water supply.

pid73 wrote:
    You could be overestimating the size and role of the player economy in this game. I don't see a vital and healthy economy arising among a population of a few hundred or even a few thousand players. Likely tribes will be able to supply themselves with everything they need.

what im hoping is i can p oison my food so when i get pked and they eat my food they um well you get the point.

I do agree though a mini game for fishing would be great something like SWG FTW.

I don't see the problem with leaving fishing as it is now (fyi I can't get in game at the moment), and then latter adding in a mini-game for other fish that are more advance.

You have to do different things for different fish, the game does that with basic fishing and mini-game fishing for moderate or hard fish. But again not in game so I have no idea.

kiwibird wrote:
    You have to do different things for different fish, the game does that with basic fishing and mini-game fishing for moderate or hard fish. But again not in game so I have no idea.
    Excellent idea . So u mean, just add mini-game for fishing for advanced fish, like shark, whale, etc. but for basic fish, just leave as is. Sounds excellent. U just dont want to make fishing, a mini-game, for all fish. hmm.