Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re:Problems with Recipes

Why not just the standard scroll with your mouse wheel scroll bar?
    I've started to add this as well, but it requires more work and testing. We're not using MFC or other libraries to pull a scroll bar from, so I need to program the functionality.

This also includes books (scavenged recipes). Can you learn one belonging to a different trade skill? Do you learn one but recipe does not appear in craft window.? Please post those issues here also.

Wooden Ruler Book (toolcraft) after learning does not appear in Craft Window.

I have never seen a scavenged book have a required skill of any lower than 25, so no, you cannot learn a new recipe on a character without that skill.

As you would need to reach the pre-req'd skill to learn said recipe.

It might be nice if they added some level 1 (0) skilled recipes for allowing multiple crafts, however, I'm fairly certain Jooky had hinted at wanting only 1 craft per char.

Relandi wrote:
    so no, you cannot learn a new recipe on a character without that skill. As you would need to reach the pre-req'd skill to learn said recipe.
    Several Weapon and Tool Craft recipes were able to be learned by Tailors and Leatherworkers (though the recipe didn't appear), when it should have listed the skill lvl and Crafter type (since the player didn't reach the requirements).

I wasn't asking if we could. We should not be able too, but some bugged recipes are allowing it. Probably didn't make my post clear, but if the answer is yes to those questions then it should be reported.

cbowsin wrote:
    Relandi wrote:
    so no, you cannot learn a new recipe on a character without that skill. As you would need to reach the pre-req'd skill to learn said recipe.
    Several Weapon and Tool Craft recipes were able to be learned by Tailors and Leatherworkers (though the recipe didn't appear), when it should have listed the skill lvl and Crafter type (since the player didn't reach the requirements).

I wasn't asking if we could. We should not be able too, but some bugged recipes are allowing it. Probably didn't make my post clear, but if the answer is yes to those questions then it should be reported.
    Ah, gotcha now. Yeah, didn't quite get your first post fully then.

Relandi wrote:
    I have never seen a scavenged book have a required skill of any lower than 25, so no, you cannot learn a new recipe on a character without that skill.

It might be nice if they added some level 1 (0) skilled recipes for allowing multiple crafts, however, I'm fairly certain Jooky had hinted at wanting only 1 craft per char.
    Didn't you argue against this in irc when I suggested something similar? When I suggested that it might be nice if anyone could learn to make basic commodities like nails?

Cunk wrote:
    Relandi wrote:

Didn't you argue against this in irc when I suggested something similar? When I suggested that it might be nice if anyone could learn to make basic commodities like nails?
    Yes - and I said above Jooky leaned against it.

I never stated my own opinion in this thread as it's irrelevant, following me around, though? Saying something "might be nice" is not the equivalent of saying I want it put in, I was speaking relative to what I thought Sonne had said prior to his clarification.

However, if you'd like my opinion, I agree with the way it seems to be going.

1 craft per person.

Scheme: Metal Lasher (toolcraft) - am capable of learning as a Bonecrafter.

I'm thinking that all the Toolcraft and Weaponcraft books can be attempted to be learned by anyone. At least so far I haven't seen any different.

I'm thinking that all the Toolcraft and Weaponcraft books can be attempted to be learned by anyone. At least so far I haven't seen any different.
    Yes. I've fixed this, but will patch it out with our next update that will include more changes.

Im not sure if this is teh place but i seem to have some problems getting my legg thingys to fit properly can anny one fix this