Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Problems with Recipes

Mentioned in another thread, thought would be good for a place to put problems or bugs we find with crafting recipes.

I've been checking Toolcrafter and found one:

Scrapper's Tongs doesn't have an Icon:

It is craftable but appears invisible in pack.

Re:Problems with Recipes

Same goes for the Daogwa Neckbrace (forget exact name, as I'm at work right now) in Basketry - except it goes one step further in it also has no materials or tools required to craft it.

Will edit with exact name when I'm off.

Xsyon Citizen

Tailoring Recipe: Mugawlu Greaves
    Needs 20 Small Metal Plates (they stack to 5)

Leathercrafting Recipe: Lo-om Stealth Arm Bands
    Has 1 Cloth Strap listed twice

heh these are probably just clerical errors...before the wipe and recipe balancing I gained 85 toolcraft recipes alone...and was only skill lvl 48..if thats just a taste of how many craftable items in toolcraft alone...no wonder a few still need gifs. =oP

I still this the only reason Paddles are ingame are to keep Virt awake. :laugh:

Risk wrote:
    heh these are probably just clerical errors...before the wipe and recipe balancing I gained 85 toolcraft recipes alone...and was only skill lvl 48..if thats just a taste of how many craftable items in toolcraft alone...no wonder a few still need gifs. =oP

Well - the strange thing about it is .. I got my Basketry up to about 65 and from roughly 45+ I did not gain a single recipe.

I'm willing to bet they only have the first part of the recipes in, or else they are a very irregular progressive pattern.

As for the one I mentioned, it's certainly not as simple as a clerical error .. as it's missing both tools and materials required on top of the missing image - plus, when you drag to "equip" it, it simply deletes itself.

Though 85, really? That seems a bit odd, I didn't reach anywhere even CLOSE to that in my 65 Basketry skill. I maybe unlocked 20-30 recipes, and even then I feel like I'm being too generous with the number. I'll have to check into Toolcrafting myself.

I have also noticed it seems (at least for weaponcrafting) that you get a random scheme of patterns upon creation - some start with shovels and mining picks to make, while others start with blades and axes. It's nice to be diverse, but to make it randomly based on a chance when you roll the char, is a bit retarded, as people will just sit there and re-roll til they get a scheme they like.

Perhaps base the Weaponcrafters pattern scheme off the offensive skill they choose (blade, pick, club, etc).

Also, appears a lot of leather recipes require fur. Fur was stated to be added to the scavenging loot table on the 14th and from what I understand, no one has found any. SO either has a very high skill req't or just impossible to get.

cbowsin wrote:
    Scrapper's Tongs doesn't have an Icon:
    Same thing applies to Woodhandle Tongs. So perhaps all tongs?

Relandi wrote:
    Risk wrote:

Though 85, really? That seems a bit odd, I didn't reach anywhere even CLOSE to that in my 65 Basketry skill. I maybe unlocked 20-30 recipes, and even then I feel like I'm being too generous with the number. I'll have to check into Toolcrafting myself.
    I think that's either a typo or there was some major bug that pumped recipes into his craft panel. For one you only learn recipes when gaining a level and even then it's not every level (from what I can see) so reaching level 48 alone will not get you 85 recipes. And even if he could have managed to scavenge that many recipes between wipes he would have only been able to learn a handful of them since most would have been for other craft professions and many of those that were for toolcraft would have been too high level.

Cunk wrote:
    I think that's either a typo or there was some major bug that pumped recipes into his craft panel. For one you only learn recipes when gaining a level and even then it's not every level (from what I can see) so reaching level 48 alone will not get you 85 recipes. And even if he could have managed to scavenge that many recipes between wipes he would have only been able to learn a handful of them since most would have been for other craft professions and many of those that were for toolcraft would have been too high level.
    To be fair - you don't only gain on every level up, I've had recipes learn at partial levels .. like when it doesn't say "skill increased".

That being said, I still find 85 far too much.

That being said, I still find 85 far too much.
    Actually, it was possible with tool crafting.

I had the server set for easy scheme gains for my personal testing (trying to crash the crafting panel without success) and accidentally patched that to the public server for a day or two.

Basketry has the least amount of schemes available right now. Most crafts have well over 100 available schemes.

Same thing applies to Woodhandle Tongs. So perhaps all tongs?
    Yup, there was typo for all tongs.