Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Drinking

Re:Drinking

REVKhA wrote:
    Zeno wrote:
    I don't know if a waterskin is carried or does it take up one of the precious spots in the tiny bag? Anyway, having a vessel that requires 3 repeated clicks though better isn't what I'm after here. What I am looking for is something like Dawntide has done for eating. And that is, if its in your possession you use is when needed, automatically. Its all about fun. Stopping to eat or drink just isn't. See this isn't a post apocalyptic simulation where you have to eat drink and drop your drawers :dry: its a game whose setting is post apocalyptic we eat and drink and be merry :woohoo: .

Last but certainly not least, not by a long shot, is that any repetitive action WILL bring out the macroers. Granted macroing drinking won't be high on the list but why even give them a toe hold?
    Xsyon is not post-apoc
    Huh? Society has been shattered by war, cities are in ruins, and the survivors have reverted to some sort of primitive state. Sounds pretty post-apocalyptic to me. Are you being nit-picky over the description that says the apocalypse is in process therefore it can't be post-apocalypse?

Nah, he's right Chunk...Xysons just a simulation of Detroit in 20 years. :woohoo: hehe

But ya, it even says its post-apoc hehe

I was playing last night and some noob started stating how this game failed because there aren't extra containers yet. Then this person attempted to demand attention from Devs to have this resolved immediately. lol.

The point is, that right now we have 1 pack and right now we have to repeatedly drink from the river. If you make a tribe and it is a ways from a water source, is everyone suppose to stop what they are doing, walk to the river and slurp away. I don't see that as being the overall game design just as I know having only 1 pack/container is not the overall game design.

All I'm saying is perhaps for some things we should wait to see how they plan to address this overall, before demanding things be changed. I'd much rather they focus on Server saving/rollback issues, inventory issues that frequently result in wipes and other things before worrying about the things we know little about.

cbowsin wrote:
    All I'm saying is perhaps for some things we should wait to see how they plan to address this overall, before demanding things be changed. I'd much rather they focus on Server saving/rollback issues, inventory issues that frequently result in wipes and other things before worrying about the things we know little about.
    I agree with u, cbowsin
    Right now we are testing the game from bugs, errors, etc... plus not all things are turned on...

Xsyon Citizen

<looks up..... way up... up up... there it is category: Tweaks and Suggestions...>

Now if I was on last night and heard that same noob I would have agreed that the need for a bigger pack was evidend, to the dismay of any fanboys present. And I also would have stated that the Inventory even looks like it has slots for 4 more bags so yes their coming. But right now its tiny and even with more bags crafters and gathers rarely have enough. Rarely.

But if its possible to wear the waterskin and not put it in any of the bags then I'm for it. If you rather have it in your pack fine but I would like it be wearable too, if its not already. However, the main point I was making, was to have the toon automatically drink from it, and also eat whatever food he is trudging along with him. I'm not saying you can't over eat. Hell that could be a strategy: bring food for the trip to the Mine and over-eat while at the Mine and fill your bags and with ore and get skinny on the week long walk back to the tribe, for example. But to just mundanely eat and drink regularly..<yawn>. And again drinking from the river, per se, isn't a problem. In fact I like it. Its having to slurp so, so many times that I would like to see changed and I would like(read suggest) to see my toon drink once and get it over with. Drinking shouldn't be a time sink. My opinion. Besides that continued slurping is so annoying.

Gentle sunshine and filtered water doesn't a strong tree make. It needs fierce winds to stand the test of time. I totally disagree with your wait and see attitude. Now is the time for the community to voice their thoughts on Xsyon early developent.

Zeno, basic stuff right now have to be time consuming, ok. Cuz we are at the stage 1. Once we develop better cooking skills, drinking skills, or maybe we will be able to add certain plants into our water to make it more last, who knows how it will work. But at this stage thats how it should be. Thats my opinion.

Xsyon Citizen

Yes, basic stuff and advanced stuff can be time consuming. Takes time to tan a hide, brew beer or make that pretty pottery piece. But I'm not talking about basic stuff I'm talking about something we been doing since the we were weaned: drinking and eating. Not some skill, talent or profession. Like breathing, we don't need instruction and we aren't going to get better at it. Although we will be eating and drinking better quality foods and drink we can do it just as well, as fast.

This game is not post apoc

REVKhA wrote:
    This game is not post apoc
    Very first sentence if you click "Home":

War has destroyed life as we know it. The Apocalypse is at hand!
    So, "is at hand" is the key to it.
    Does it mean the apocalypse is occurring and we are in the middle of it, or it still has to happen?

post-apocalyctic theme means, without a doubt, that the apocalypse is over.

this game could be pre-apocalyptic or apocalyptic.

anyway, it's true and sound that there was a war (first word) and that "life" is not the same anymore (and I'd toss in "civilization").

does this make the game post-apocalyptic? life is not the same? no civilization? also, is the war over or still raging?

are we going to rebuild civilization or continue warfaring?

who knows. i don't. but i also don't care much.

learn to read