Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Drinking

Re:Drinking

REVKhA wrote:
    learn to read
    Very helpful and constructive.

Apocalyptic fiction is a sub-genre of science fiction that is concerned with the end of civilization either through nuclear war, plague, or some other general disaster. Post-apocalyptic fiction is set in a world or civilization after such a disaster.

The problem I think is that the Home/About descriptions are ambiguous. Probably because the Devs don't want to reveal what caused the current state of the world:

The leaders of the new world, under the guidance of the reinvigorated once forgotten gods, have hidden traces of the scientific progress that led to the devastation of the earth.
    The only way we will know if it is apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic is if we know what the cause of the end of civilization is. For example if zombies were the cause to the decline of civilization and zombies still existed in game to destroy the players, then one could say we are facing the apocalypse. However if it were a virus that destroyed man, and the virus had the side affect of creating zombies, but all the current players are immune to the virus, then it is post-apocalyptic because the thing that caused the decline of civilization no longer exists or is a threat.

the dev's already confirmed this is not a post apoc game... the forums were wiped so i cant shut you up

REVKhA wrote:
    the dev's already confirmed this is not a post apoc game... the forums were wiped so i cant shut you up
    So why are you throwing out shit like "learn 2 read" when everything that is available to read points to this being a post-apocalypse game.

cause you cant read ?

You troll like a pro, REV.

Cunk wrote:
    You troll like a pro, REV.
    He is better in game:

I stand by those statements

I guess "pro" was the wrong word.

As much as I'd rather not - I have to agree with REV here (though not his tactics in explaining it).

There was a rather large thread on this very topic, and it was hotly debated over a span of 2-3 days, then the forums were rolled back and lost over a week of information.

I believe Jooky, or perhaps Virtus, did indeed confirm we will be in an *ON-GOING* apocalypse (the mist, etc), however, this would inevitably lead to a post-apocalyptic setting as the game progresses.

Unless we're left in a constant state of turmoil, always.

From the "About" page:

What is Xsyon?

Xsyon is a massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG), an online community, a virtual world and an adventure.

Set in the near future, Xsyon is an apocalyptic fable. (continues..)
    http://www.xsyon.com/about

Yeah, several people in this thread (including myself) brought up this (trivial) distinction but REV didn't seem to want to acknowledge that. He apparently just wanted everyone to read a thread that no longer exists rather than explain himself.

In any case it doesn't matter what you call it since it's exactly the same thing. Getting uptight over the insignificant difference between "post-apocalypse" and "ongoing apocalypse" is pretty dumb.