Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Drinking

Re:Drinking

Getting back to the orignal topic, personall yI'd like drinking from lakes/rivers to fill up my thirst meter (taking however long it needs to), not keep hitting gather water.

Was unaware containers to hold water etc were in the game yet but I'm assuming they need to be filled?

Not sure I like the idea of your character automatically eating/drinking if required. Hopefully different food/drink will have additional effects so then you wouldn't want to automatically pick for you anyway. As hunger and thirst are 2 of the 8 meters you need to keep an eye on seems redundant having the game refill them for you when needed. Why have them at all?

Xsyon Citizen

The auto drink/eat could be done and also pick the item you choose by having the system prioritize: the first food/drink closest to the upper top left in the inventory gets eaten/drank. Bingo.

As to the question: Why have them at all? Good question. If its superfluous do away with it altogether. But we do have the skill cooking. Will that be done just to support the hunger meter? Or as a means of providing a buff, alchemy disguised?

I agree with Nails.

In addition, perhaps it may not be so easy to fill up a jug of water. You might be safe in your tribal camp but eventually you will run out of water, thus you must acquire more. Bears, coyotes, and other predators also drink water. Perhaps undead/mutants come from the water. Bandits could find lots of unsuspecting and vulnerable victims near water.

The other thing that was briefly mentioned was that our characters suffer penalties when the meters get to low. However, characters could get fat for keeping the meters to full, Thus having a full meter could be a bad thing as well. I believe the idea is to keep the meters in the middle. That will be impossible to do if it is 1 click to be full.

Perhaps it is not the filling of the bar but the unfilling of the bar. Last night I filled my thirst meter to full. After 1 hour I was down to about 10-20% thirst. A game day is about 3 hours real time. This should be considered depending how the devs want to treat a thirst bar of 0. I would think it would represent dehydration, where body mass starts dropping. Some sources states a person can go days without water, which would be equivalent to 6 hours. Of course vigorous activity like running or perhaps fighting would increase the rate of thirst. So I would suggest decrease the amount of thirst drops, which result in less drinking and make it more possible for players to balance the bar in the middle. For example several slurps to go from 30% to 70% every 2 hours.

they could put in a metre type bar where you drink and it fills up slowly and if you move it stops filling up that way you drink how much you want and you dont have to hit drink water more than once.

just an idea and it should keep both sides happy

Xsyon Citizen

Cbowsin, ok I agree. It should take more time to fill up a jug then to slurp it down. But once you have the jug'O spring water in your possession you can sip, slup or downright chug it anytime.

The fat/lean the character may experince I've read too but can not relate to considering the speed the meter drops or used to drop if its been tweeked any this patch. I was trying to judge this while fishing (which is where I got ticked off to begin with) but game froze up. I do know they didn't increase the rate of energy regen it still takes a lifetime (5 minutes) to go all the way back up. Anyway, I don't think the hunger meter will have to stay in the middle. I believe its more like if you leave in on empty for days on end that your lose weight and visa versa. I'll be damned if I have to try and keep that meter in the middle. Unless the meter is adjusted so it moves much much more slowly. In fact that would pretty much solve my complaint. I mean, I wouldn't care(much) if I had to slurp 10 times or stop to pick the bones out of a fish if I only had to do it like once a gaming session.

Antman, I like your idea too.

REVKhA wrote:
    learn to read
    LOL

Relandi wrote:
    There was a rather large thread on this very topic, and it was hotly debated over a span of 2-3 days, then the forums were rolled back and lost over a week of information.

What is Xsyon?

Set in the near future, Xsyon is an apocalyptic fable. (continues..)
    http://www.xsyon.com/about
    I remember the thread and that's why I pointed to the about page.
    It was a way to show that you can't say it is post-apoc (what REV stated).

At that point, REV read me wrong and said to me that I head to "learn to read" and then he went on to troll everyone on this post.

Sorry to recoup this here, but I didn't read it up until now.

Let's get back to the original topic: drinking.

Faster Drinking

This is something that I think everyone agrees on universally. Drinking is way too slow right now, it takes forever to fill up the water meter and it is a tremendous waste of time to sit there for a few minutes just to fill it up.

Should it be a minor inconvenience? Yes, but it should not take upwards of a minute to fill the water bar up :angry:.

Re:Faster Drinking

Takes me a few minutes in real life to quench my thirst so drinking doesn’t seem to unrealistic. I would rather have water bottles so we can drink on the go and keep from becoming completely dehydrated.

I agree with it being fine as is.I do not want this game to turn out to be one where everything is streamlined.Things need to take time.Games now a days are catering to the younger crowd.And most of them want everything right now.Problem with that is a month into the game the ones wanting it all super easy are the ones who are crying about being bored.
    I know this is only a post about making water consumption faster,But whats next? skills?etc. A lot of the fun in a game is the journey. NOT just end game.Of course there are going to be people who disagree,And i suppose we will all have to see what Jooky decides. My hope is it takes a lot of time to get from start to finish.