Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drinking

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Xsyon Citizen

Drinking

Drinking water from the source is cute with the slurping, the first time. But having to repeat it, i don't know - 8 or more time to sate ones thirst is, umm, whats that word i'm looking for... maybe annoying, maybe. I'd be satisfied with one slurp and watch my toon drink to her fill. And not have to turn drinking into a click fest. Heck you can even throw a healthy belch in at the end if the toon drank from, say 3/4 empty :unsure: .

Re:Drinking

Zeno wrote:
    Drinking water from the source is cute with the slurping, the first time. But having to repeat it, i don't know - 8 or more time to sate ones thirst is, umm, whats that word i'm looking for... maybe annoying, maybe. I'd be satisfied with one slurp and watch my toon drink to her fill. And not have to turn drinking into a click fest. Heck you can even throw a healthy belch in at the end if the toon drank from, say 3/4 empty :unsure: .
    would, have to agree time sinks like the digging being changed I understand to make it more realistic and keep people from making mountains vanish overnight.

This on other hand is bit to much to me.

Xsyon Citizen

I would have to agree here. I can fish once and eat raw to satisfy all my hunger. However, I have sip from a stream a good 8 times to satisfy my thirst. The process seems a bit cumbersome right now.

Drinking too much at a time could lead to Hyponatremia. hehe. If it were me, IRL, I wouldn't dip my head in the water and start chugging, I would dip my hand in and take these small sips at a time. I really don't see a problem with the way it is now.

From what I understand if we keep our hunger/thirst bars full all the time then we end up getting fat. So we would want ways to increase these bars in increments. BTW, not all fish fill the hunger bar 100%.

Who's to say they won't give you a container to fill with water.

about the fish:
    i think it should be always possible to eat it, even if it stuffs more than 100%.
    the overflowing calories should get wasted.
    this because it is very annoying that when you are next to 0% but you can't eat a fish yet because you have to have more hunger.

Stephens wrote:
    Who's to say they won't give you a container to fill with water.

humm, guess i'm the only one with a waterbag... made from leather, and thread, makes a chugging sound and drinks 3 times to quench my thurst!

Xsyon Citizen

I don't know if a waterskin is carried or does it take up one of the precious spots in the tiny bag? Anyway, having a vessel that requires 3 repeated clicks though better isn't what I'm after here. What I am looking for is something like Dawntide has done for eating. And that is, if its in your possession you use is when needed, automatically. Its all about fun. Stopping to eat or drink just isn't. See this isn't a post apocalyptic simulation where you have to eat drink and drop your drawers :dry: its a game whose setting is post apocalyptic we eat and drink and be merry :woohoo: .

Last but certainly not least, not by a long shot, is that any repetitive action WILL bring out the macroers. Granted macroing drinking won't be high on the list but why even give them a toe hold?

So far eating and drinking for the beginners its not a problem. Maybe later on, xsyon will introduce certain foods that will make eating and drinking less needed.

Zeno wrote:
    I don't know if a waterskin is carried or does it take up one of the precious spots in the tiny bag? Anyway, having a vessel that requires 3 repeated clicks though better isn't what I'm after here. What I am looking for is something like Dawntide has done for eating. And that is, if its in your possession you use is when needed, automatically. Its all about fun. Stopping to eat or drink just isn't. See this isn't a post apocalyptic simulation where you have to eat drink and drop your drawers :dry: its a game whose setting is post apocalyptic we eat and drink and be merry :woohoo: .

Last but certainly not least, not by a long shot, is that any repetitive action WILL bring out the macroers. Granted macroing drinking won't be high on the list but why even give them a toe hold?
    Xsyon is not post-apoc