falling through the earth

Apparently this bug is still alive where your character cannot see the terrain and is under it somehow, if need a snapshot let me know I will upload one if dont get what I mean.

THis is not a graphical glitch as reloading the client does not fix it. If I make a new character that corrects it instantly. logging on my character again does nothing.

characters name blackice

Re: falling through the earth

new terrain rendering coming soon should fix this i think

Re: falling through the earth

REVKhA wrote:
    new terrain rendering coming soon should fix this i think
    I dont see how as it is nto a rendering issue, once again a new character works fine old character still under the terrain. so its not a rendering issue. more of a collision issue.

Re:falling through the earth

Are you sure this isn't the transparent terrain issue that has been discussed elsewhere? Screen shots would be nice.

Cunk wrote:
    Are you sure this isn't the transparent terrain issue that has been discussed elsewhere? Screen shots would be nice.
    its transparent, but is attach to the character. I can log off another character in same area no issue log back on the other character and its transparent. ALso the character is about 4 feet lower then it should be when is why terrain transparent in imediate directions of the character.

I have also had the character logged on another persons computer and shows same issue. Its some how attaches itself to the character.

zephar123 wrote:
    Cunk wrote:
    its transparent, but is attach to the character. I can log off another character in same area no issue log back on the other character and its transparent. ALso the character is about 4 feet lower then it should be when is why terrain transparent in imediate directions of the character.

I have also had the character logged on another persons computer and shows same issue. Its some how attaches itself to the character.
    Yeah, I experienced the exact same thing. However, if I stayed long enough on the other characters it would start happening to them as well. I got the impression that it cleared up for a short time after not playing the game for a while so I started to assume maybe my card was damaged or something. But it really doesn't feel like that.

And I haven't seen the issue return since the most recent wipe.

Also, I didn't get the impression I had clipped through the ground. It was very hard to tell where I was standing since there was no terrain surrounding me but i could definitely see my guy rising up and down and getting stuck on steep slopes so I don't think we're falling through the ground.

Additionally, the new terrain system sounds like it's more than just a rendering improvement so I'd at least wait until that is released before panicking.

No panic, but seems be not rendering is all I am saying ive been tracking this bug for last month or so. I believe Jordi orig. stated it was a bug being caused by terraforming. Since patch to teraforming it still occuring I just thought id post it up with the characters name incase jordi needs to log on it for information. its deffinetly a wierd bug :P .

Same thing is happening, I dont think i've fallen through the floor as I can still walk around and am at the same height as grass. The floor is just see through.

The ground is also missing beneath me, this happened when I logged in, in Zone 191.
    I managed to get back to Zone 190 and take a screenshot at the border.

http://i49.tinypic.com/2w31isi.jpg

Please let me know if this happens with the latest update.

If it does, it's unrelated to actual rendering and has to do with the camera update.

Thanks!