Basketry crafting error

Backpack not reading storage right.

Re:Basketry crafting error

A screen cap showing your pack full isn't very good evidence.

But if you're saying it happens when you have empty slots in your pack perhaps you are suffering from the "back pack black hole". Where one (or sometimes more than one) of your slots will swallow any items you drag into them. A side effect of this is that the game doesn't see them as an available slot.

For example I had a character that had this issue. I saw 4 empty slots yet when I tried to sort some materials I was told I didn't have enough room. Getting rid of something else (5 empty slots) allowed me to sort.

I believe it worked differently prior to the 14th update but not sure thats why I never dugged into it that much.

If you used a material where it gets consumed and was the next available slot, then the crafted item gets put into that slot.

I believe prior to update it was checking for a free slot after the item was crafted, thus a person could craft items with a full pack and items would just vanish.

Now it seems, the system checks for an available slot prior to crafting the item. Regardless if the material consumed provides a slot or if the crafted item already exists with available stacking space.

So the solution would be to have a check if (Slot is available) OR (if materials consumed will provide an available slot) OR (if the item crafted already exists with available room to stack) to initiate crafting.

cbowsin wrote:
    So the solution would be to have a check if (Slot is available) OR (if materials consumed will provide an available slot) OR (if the item crafted already exists with available room to stack) to initiate crafting.
    This would be the validation of the action.
    The actual action would be different in three cases, so it would have to be implemented 3 times, once for each case, and branched out. That's not very difficult to do. I think all three cases should be considered.