Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guessing your build ?

I understand that stuff must be discovered in this game.

There is one very important thing that has not yet been adressed afaik. It's stat descriptions.

Sure we know Strengh and Perception a little, but what do these stats do exactly, and what do they affect. Am i supposed to guess that as well ?

Re: Guessing your build ?

Yeah I made a post about similar things.

Apparently we are supossed to "figure things out"

Absolutely!

Will perception allow you to:
    Detect how much would a tree would make?
    Detect hidden players?
    Detect the bear that is yet off screen?
    See in the dark?
    Notice a difference in the grass?
    Find that small little worm in the ground for either fishing or eating?

Being spoon fed in a sandbox game removes the sandbox title. Unless players don't figure it out, it should go left unanswered officially... at least till well past the use by date (or the should be known date).

well this is a gamebreaker for me... if i cannot figure out what the stats are before stepping into the game, i might as well give up already.

Descriptions of char stats is spoon fed ?

Who wants 60 days and a unique weapon ?

REVKhA wrote:
    well this is a gamebreaker for me... if i cannot figure out what the stats are before stepping into the game, i might as well give up already.

Descriptions of char stats is spoon fed ?

Who wants 60 days and a unique weapon ?
    I bid $10.

At the risk of ruining my chance of buying another account for real cheap you might want to consider that Xsyon himself hasn't weighed in on this (as far as I know). I think Virtus and Kiwibird are expressing their opinions.

edit: My personal opinion is that there needs to be some general guidance on what stats do. Not necessarily hard numbers but just something along the lines of "Strength affects how much damage you do and how much you can carry".

"That's obvious. People should know that intuitively." you may say but we learned from Xsyon recently that Dexterity affects how often you learn a new recipe on your own. That isn't obvious (but makes sense when you think about it).

The problem with leaving every single aspect of the game vague and unexplained is that it's really hard to convey the effects of stats, skills, and items to the player. Sure, weapon damage may be obvious (or it may not depending on how many factors play a part) but many things aren't. But the developers will have to code lots of cause and effect if they expect players to deduce things on their own.

Seriously i am losing interest. This game is totally biased towards big tribes and meta gaming

REVKhA wrote:
    Seriously i am losing interest. This game is totally biased towards big tribes and meta gaming
    Then my bid stands at $10.

kiwibird wrote:
    Absolutely!

Will perception allow you to:
    Detect how much would a tree would make?
    Detect hidden players?
    Detect the bear that is yet off screen?
    See in the dark?
    Notice a difference in the grass?
    Find that small little worm in the ground for either fishing or eating?

Being spoon fed in a sandbox game removes the sandbox title. Unless players don't figure it out, it should go left unanswered officially... at least till well past the use by date (or the should be known date).
    Agreed. Good point. If you want stats, u can play WOW. It will give you baby steps there :laugh:

bidders are disqualified... i was gonna give it away as it's next to worthless to me now.

Remove all stats from char creation then... you want us to pick stats before even taking a step ingame...