Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow

Snow

Whats with the snow that appears? It doesnt fall like the rain, patches of white just show up on the ground.

Re: Snow

Winter Is Coming

But it doesnt snow, it just shows up on the ground.

Its heavy heavy frost!

snow accumulation and snow fall are not linked (don't ask). This will be corrected at some point. (more important things right now)

Cunk wrote:
    Winter Is Coming
    Hear Me Roar!

Re:Snow

Can we make snowballs.... can we... can we... :P

It actually snowed today. Looked good. But I have a couple of qeustions about resources like grass. Is it going to be tougher to gather resources with snow on the ground? Its obviously more difficult to gather resources with a snow covered ground, therefore it should take more energy to gather resources when the ground has snow on it. I also think the amount of resources available during winter months should be decreased. In my opinion, the entire game should be affected by winter/snow. Its obviously more difficult in real life to live off the land during the winter months.

It just doesnt seem right to take the same game, add snow as just a visual change. Same world, same actions just a bunch of white covering the ground.

Farfahuganz wrote:
    It just doesnt seem right to take the same game, add snow as just a visual change.
    This is an awesome idea.

Farfahuganz wrote:
    It actually snowed today. Looked good. But I have a couple of qeustions about resources like grass. Is it going to be tougher to gather resources with snow on the ground? Its obviously more difficult to gather resources with a snow covered ground, therefore it should take more energy to gather resources when the ground has snow on it. I also think the amount of resources available during winter months should be decreased. In my opinion, the entire game should be affected by winter/snow. Its obviously more difficult in real life to live off the land during the winter months.

It just doesnt seem right to take the same game, add snow as just a visual change. Same world, same actions just a bunch of white covering the ground.
    True. this was suggested some months ago here:

http://www.xsyon.com/forums/42-tweak...r-the-ui#22867