Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A few Questions regarding features.

I have a few questions regarding a range of different "miscellaneous" aspects of the game, that have not really been spoken of in the Features section.

While I understand that the Xsyon devs dont intend to reveal all the features of the game, id still like to throw these questions out there, and i'm sure any clarification would be appreciated.

1. How will banking work?

Will there be banks?
    Will they be safe?
    Will they be Local or Global?

2. The features list speaks of skill decay through lack of use. In addition to this will there be a Hardcap or Softcap on the number of skills a player may raise?

Hardcap= a Predefined number of skills that the player can raise.

Softcap= The more skills a player advances to a high level the slower others raise preventing a "maxed out character" and ensuring player choice and variation.

3. Is it likely we will see Ships and/or land vehicles (Chariots, carts, carriages) upon or after release?

4. Will there be NPC guards for player tribal cities/villages?

5. Is PvP ENTIRELY open or are there some areas in the game where it is not possible to attack others?
    (I know the features say open, but some games say this, but dont mean ENTIRELY open)

6. How many players will be able to play at the same time per server?

7. And finally, how many servers do you intend to have and will there be a US/Oceanic server upon release?

Any clarification appreciated. (Feel free to point out if I have asked something that has already been explained)

Re:A few Questions regarding features.

edaw22 wrote:
    I have a few questions regarding a range of different "miscellaneous" aspects of the game, that have not really been spoken of in the Features section.

While I understand that the Xsyon devs dont intend to reveal all the features of the game, id still like to throw these questions out there, and i'm sure any clarification would be appreciated.

Will there be banks?
    Will they be safe?
    Yes there will be banks.
    Yes they will be safe.

I believe its local banking but dont quote me.

Again, may I ask how you know this?

Not that I don't appreciate the answers, just want to know they are legit,

edaw22 wrote:
    There will be safe, local tribal banks.
    2. The features list speaks of skill decay through lack of use. In addition to this will there be a Hardcap or Softcap on the number of skills a player may raise?
    It's a soft cap as you described.

3. Is it likely we will see Ships and/or land vehicles (Chariots, carts, carriages) upon or after release?
    In the early Prelude no. As for the future I'm not going to announce these types of features unless I am sure they will make it into the game.

Currently no. There is a planned system for the future, but again I can't reveal the details until they are implemented.

5. Is PvP ENTIRELY open or are there some areas in the game where it is not possible to attack others?
    In the early Prelude you will be safe in town.

The game is designed for a few thousand and as we expand we plan to have new areas on separate servers, not copies of the same world.

7. And finally, how many servers do you intend to have and will there be a US/Oceanic server upon release?
    We have one main US server. We have a second server ready in case we need it, but our current plan is to use it as a test world as we continue to add features.

Thanks for the questions!

Xsyon wrote:
    The game is designed for a few thousand and as we expand we plan to have new areas on separate servers, not copies of the same world.
    Would characters be able to move between these servers?

edaw22 wrote:

Will there be banks?
    Will they be safe?
    Will they be Local or Global?

Scroll down to economy
    http://xsyon.com/features

http://xsyon.com/forums/7-public-sup...skill-question

http://xsyon.com/forums/6-general-di...ts-and-fishing

http://xsyon.com/forums/6-general-di...0&start=20#934

I don't know

(I know the features say open, but some games say this, but dont mean ENTIRELY open)

I dont know

http://xsyon.com/forums/7-public-support/113-server-selection

http://xsyon.com/forums/7-public-support/113-server-selection

Absolutely yes.

In order to avoid all players moving to a new area, we plan to always expand to several new areas at once.

Grimskeggr wrote:
    Xsyon wrote:
    I've wondered about this too. Are you saying areas will be instanced? or would we be able to walk onto the other servers/areas as if the world was seamless?

Im fairly sure Xsyon means that the different areas of the world will be based on different phyical servers. Not that you would by any means be limited from moving between areas, nor that they would be instanced from one and other, though I may be wrong.

Kush wrote:
    Grimskeggr wrote:
    Xsyon wrote:
    I've wondered about this too. Are you saying areas will be instanced? or would we be able to walk onto the other servers/areas as if the world was seamless?
    What hes saying bassically is its like eve.. differnt parts of the universe are in differnt servers or nodes to reduce lag.
    Like eve is made up of server clusters more then just one server.

like um.. the game will have one SHARD but many servers.
    That doesnt mean instancing or anything, game can be completely seamless with many nodes/servers