Character relocates itself

I was terraforming and the lag occurred. So i typed in the chat window, to test if the lag went away. While waiting for the text to appear, the program logged me off to the login screen. When i login and came back into the game, my character were in a different zone. Wow. How did it happened?

Re:Character relocates itself

Number 5 is alive!

did you run 10 min prior to doing w/e you were doing? the server only saves certain information every 10 min, including position. So if you crashed then it would set you back at most 10 min.

So if you crashed then it would set you back at most 10 min.
    Actually, it shouldn't. That would happen in the case of a server crash, but the server has been ok.

What likely happened is that you moved around after being disconnected, so you returned to where you were prior to actually losing connection.

for example i was in zone 100, after this happened, i appeared in zone 500. Big difference.

I appeared in a place that i never been there before. Like on the top of the mountain.

Hmmm... that is very strange. If something like this happens again, please email bugs@notorious-games.com.