Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torches

Re:Torches

Ill agree. Torches!

aliksteel wrote:
    With how cool this MMOG is going to be, How about not only having the torches as a light source, But maybe as a week weapon :dry: . Are something like a tool hmy: , There must be a few things that we can use torches for as we relearn all that we forgot.
    You are making the classic mistake of reading suggested features and then thinking that the suggested feature will be in game. That is one way to make sure you will be an upset cookie when the game is released in a few months time.

Unfortunately night will not be dark in this game and torches are not going to be needed.

It is a crying shame but there you have it.

Mortal Online and Roma Victor are the only two game that did night time well that I know of.

It wouldnt take then any time at all to make night time darker. We have no cites to produce light. The Full moon would likely make everything brighter. Having a new moon should make everything darker? yes?

Jookie, how dark does Lake Tahoe get now a days? Even with all the development around it?

For the record, night seemed a lot darker back in March... at that time fire building was turned off so it made things really difficult to see. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems a lot lighter at night now- it's like when there's a full moon.

Perhaps the darkness level should be re-evaluated now that we have fire? Also, torches would be a great addition (if they're not in already). I'm sure they would come at a higher level of fire crafting though.

Great ideas, I would like to hear from a dev on this also. :side: